Saturday, January 14, 2017

I'm Back

No, I haven't disappeared from the face of the earth.
Yes, I have been super busy.
No, you have not seen any posts from me. 
Yes, either Blogger, the internet or my phone service is to blame. 

(Deep-breath sigh...)

I don't even know where I left off. 

I went home (my Georgia home) on New Year's weekend. 
It was good, very good. 

My brother, sister and I had a meal together. 
I had not see my brother in a few years 
since before we moved. 
In May, it will be two years since our move. 

I can't believe that. 

Anyway, it was a good visit.  I cried when I saw him
and he hugged me like only he can hug.  
Some wrongs were made right and again, I cried when we parted. 

My resolution this year was reconciliation.
God is good.
We all feel at peace.  
It's a feeling I haven't had in a long time. 

I'm still working part-time at The Loft Outlet.
I work with a great group of people. 
It's hard work, but it's fun. 
It's the first job that I've ever had
where I can go home and leave it.

I've been resting from the kids a bit since Christmas.
After Christmas, as always, my emotions took a plunge.
I've not said anything to the children, but I've just rested alot. 

Yesterday, I kept the youngest. 


We did girlie things all day.
We got her a vanity for Christmas.


She's discovered the mirror.
I think she likes what she sees. 


She has a new house and a play room besides her bedroom.
She has a teepee, a princess castle/tent, a table and chairs, 
a Minnie Kitchen, a princess castle doll house, 
a farmhouse with animals, baby dolls and Disney dolls
and only a couple of those things came from Santa and Mommy and Daddy.

Thanks to a December birthday. 

The weather here is crazy, snow one week and high 70s the next week 
with lots of rain.  

The Spring merchandise if already in.
It feels like it's already Spring.

Anyway, just wanted to touch base. 
The Christmas stuff has been put away and I've done a little 
of this and that. 

I'll share later. 

Hope your new year has been a happy one. 

Bonnie



7 comments:

  1. Always good to see you here, my friend.
    I'm so glad you had a good time while in GA. Also so happy for the restoration that took place!
    Resting is good. Retail and Christmas wears out even a young person!! Hope you are feeling some energy returned again.
    What a sweetheart your little one is....and so loved!
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Restoration is a good thing, my friend...and I am so happy to hear this.

    I just bet the baby girl is spoiled rotten, giggling. I have missed you...keeping you all in prayer. (2 yrs already? really???? wow)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great to see a post from you here, Bonnie. I know it has been a long year for you with lots going on. I am so glad that there was some reconciliation with your family. When there is angst in a family it leaves one feeling tormented...even when they feel they were right. We had a family member that was estranged for about 10 years. It was awful-absolutely awful...but he 'came home' and it feels so good to know that there is peace in the family again.
    Hang in there...and baby girl sure is cute!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good to hear from you!
    Reconciliation is a wonderful thing. I'm glad the visit went well.
    That little darling gets cuter every time I see her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that things are going well and that good things are happening. Glad you are still enjoying your job - even if it wears you out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you here, my friend!
    I am glad you have had some time to rest.
    I have yet to take Christmas down...
    Tomorrow.
    Your little one there is precious!
    Sending prayers for a peaceful, cozy week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you got to see your Georgia home again, Bonnie. Nel loves her Georgia home, and I know she'll miss it so much when she returns to California. Wow, your granddaughter has a play room with a tee pee, castle tent, playhouse, and dolls! I've been seeing those tee pees around a lot lately.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.