Sunday, April 8, 2018

Once again, it’s been awhile.  Please give me the luxury of expression.

I started my new job a month ago. Not what I expected  but I am adjusting. I came into a situation. The home was under investigation by the state. I don’t know all the details. We have been cleared now, but the boss is still a bit uptight. It’s a great home but  as they say, “one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch.”  

It’s hard to be the new kid on the block especially when the block is new. There’s only a few employees who will let me in, but the residents love me and I adore them. I have a 94 year old retired music teacher who still reads and writes and her roommate is a 92 year old homemaker who ambulates around the facility in her chair helping others. I have a 58 year old Vietnam Vet and a veteran who served in 3 branches of service. I learned his brother was a serial killer. I have a sweet, godly man who has been told he only has s month to live who wants to attend church services and go on to be with the Lord. 

It’s a great job even when I have to work every other Sunday for now and I hate missing church. I miss my grandchildren. I miss impromptu ice cream and tea parties. 

Christy had an embryo transfer Friday. Everything went well and we are hoping. My son and daughter in law are expecting in August. It’s a girl, Claire Grace. Hopefully we’ll have 2 new babies before and after Christmas. 

I soaked up some family time this weekend. I kep Harper on Friday night since Christy was recovering from the procedure. Yesterday we celebrated Cora’s birthday. Birthdays with grands are an all day and night party. God is good and we are blessed. 










Easter meant an egg hunt following a wonderful celebration of our risen Savior! My sister and family were here. It was a great day! 

I hope to read your posts. Thanks for dropping by and for hanging in there with me the past year.  


11 comments:

  1. Your beautiful caring heart will soon be excepted by those you are working with, I'm sure. ♡
    Lovely photos of your loved ones~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are perfect for that job, Bonnie, because you have such a caring, compassionate heart! You are certainly a blessing to those you serve. Eventually I bet the "old guard" will come around and accept you as one of "them".

    Love the pictures of the family and I certainly hope the procedure works..and you get one more grandbaby. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful caring heart like yours can only be kept out for so long...you love will win out. What a wonderful and interesting group of patients you have. I loved the elderly I visited when we were in ministry up North.

    You have such a sweet and lovely family....love the dress and shirt that match. How cute is that. Love and Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post...thank you for the smiles. Mr. H looks happy....smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was glad to see your post today! Oh my, those kiddos are certainly growing! I almost didn't recognize Harper! Oh and how exciting to hear the news about more grand babies and I pray Christy's procedure was successful. It sounds like you have met some sweet folks there at the home and I know you must be such a blessing to them. That place is fortunate to have you! Hugs and prayers to you, sweet friend.♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I want to give you a big hug....you are amazing, my friend! It is hard to be new and no one wants to let you "in". I'm glad your residents see you for who you are....of course they would :)
    The babies! They are growing and the number is increasing too. Love it! I'm happy for each chance you get to be with them.
    Sending you my love, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your attitude! You do important work. Our mother is in a nursing home. Right now she is in the hospital. She's 92 and ready to go to heaven. But she is still fairly healthy for her age albeit this recent hospital visit.
    You have such a full and busy life! Thanks for taking time to share it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice update from you. Sounds like you're making your way in this new position and making lots of special connections wtih the residents. Love the pics of the kiddos; best of luck with new babies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kids are so cute! Praying for the new babies!
    Glad you are enjoying those sweet residents, and I'll be praying that the rest of the staff starts to be a little more accepting. I will just say that it's sad when adults act that way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It will take time to break into the circle of coworkers; sometimes it never happens, but I am glad you are enjoying your residents!
    An embryo transplant! Amazing what things they can do now!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.