If you have never followed Just Simply Linda, try visiting. She is a 100% mess! She makes me laugh. She is not afraid to share her views. Like her or love her, she's real. That's what I look for in a friendship. She is loyal and loves with a big heart. She is an entertainer! She and I share some common peeves:)
1. June is National Great Outdoors Month. Have you spent any time appreciating the great outdoors this month? If so where, and if not do you have any plans to enjoy the great outdoors before the calendar turns? The humidity in the South is like none other! If it weren't for this pool that I am enjoying with the kiddos, I'd stay inside. The niece and nephew are coming next week so we'll do some putt-putt and everything else will be near water. I'm learning about the new splash pads around here. You go to play with the kids, get a little wet and stay cool. Works for me!
|Don't what crazy thing happened with the camera on this one.|
Scooting around the pool with my buddy
is keeping me active for sure!
|I'm loving the pool with the GRANDS.|
Today is my daughter in laws birthday.
Another fun day!
2. What's a current hot button issue for you? Insurance!!! Have you tried to complete the paper work or talk to a representative. I can't tell you how much time we've spent with agents and I'm still not sure if we have coverage. Yes, I hate to admit that I had to talk Obama care. I spent 4 hours on the phone only to find out that I had to talk to someone else and say the same thing. I hung up. We talked to a GA agent for 3 hours before we left and then a TN agent for 3 hours here. We've decided to pay one more month Cobra using the severance pay which is running out. Do you know that Cobra costs us almost $1400 a month. Yes, I am ranting! Hopefully, Mr. H. will have a job with insurance by then. PRAYERS PLEASE!
3. What's a food or treat that 'disappears like hotcakes' in your house? Ice cream, peanut butter and chips.
4. How hot is too hot? Anything above 80*. (Yelp, Linda. That's my answer too!)
5. Do you have an artistic outlook on life? What does that mean to you? Art to me is more than just the beauty in nature. It's music and drama. Our daughter is going back to play Sandi at the opening of the new theatre at her high school Alma Mater in September. I can't wait!
6. What's one question you'd like to ask your father, or one you wish you could ask your father? Sometimes, I want to talk to him so bad. He was always my strong man, the one that could answer the tough questions and the one I talked to when I had questions about money. I'd ask him now what to do about insurance.
7. Something you learned from your father? How to love others with a servant's heart. He never said anything bad about anyone. He was a pastor with a pastor's heart. You don't see much of that today.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I am thinking about my purpose in life these days. Although I'm loving this time with my grandchildren, I sometimes feel like I'm in limbo. I'm certainly not complaining. They give me purpose, but I do feel called to help others. I want to find my place of ministry. I want to find the job that brings me joy in serving others. That's who I am.
Thanks, Linda for sharing your thoughts so I could share mine.