Thursday, December 1, 2016

Connecting Again

Once again, another change to blogger. 
Makes it hard for this computer illiterate mama. 
Hey, I'm just glad I connected this morning. 

To those of you who are on Facebook, 
these photos will be a repeat.
I just couldn't let Christmas go by 
without connecting to the rest of my friends in Blogland.

Again, I'm so sorry that I haven't visited in a while. 
This working thing is sure interfering with my fun-style.
However, I am enjoying it.  I even liked Black-Friday.
An event I haven't frequented in 30 years. 
Working it is completely different from shopping it. 

Chad was 3 years old the last time. 
He thought it was funny to hide 
under the racks at Macy's.
I bout had a heart attack, snatched him up 
after losing a game of hide and seek, 
popped his little bottom and headed to the car, 
never to return.
And I didn't!


I am trying to
change things up a bit.
It hadn't been easy to decorate a new home when you lived in the same house for 36 years and had a place for everything. It's been a challenge. I am grateful, more than I can say.


I always thought about how wonderful it would be to have a clean slate.
It's harder than you think.

This is the easiest place to begin because it's always decorated with something. 


It's the simple things that make me happy.


A single brush tree in a bowl even makes me smile.


Here's for simplicity,
A decorated ladder.

Not as simple to get those lights strewn.
It's history now.
The rains came down and the floods came up and the wind took it away.

Well, just blew a few away.  It now stands with a crooked bow
and just a bit of garland.


I'm on my way to visit a few in Blogland.


12 comments:

  1. Oh, Bonnie! I am in love with your cotton boll wreath and decorated ladder! Sorry it got wind blown! I may have to ask Louis Dean for one of his ladders to decorate!!
    I can't imagine starting over. I have lived here in this same house for 50 years. I admire your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you did an amazing job of decorating your new home for Christmas!
    So nice to see you here today.
    I'm afraid to ask...what are the changes to Blogger?!
    I get scared every time they change something!
    Have a cozy day, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Bonnie, Glad all is happy and going well. Dec is a fun month when you have sweet grands to play with.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations are just beautiful! I'm glad you are enjoying your job. I need to read back and see what you are doing. I'm so far behind in my visiting! I don't venture out on Black Friday. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are enjoying your job! So sorry about the ladder!! I did chuckle at your description of what happened .....you are too funny! Love your decorations. No Christmas here yet.....but I managed to put some of the Fall stuff away today. It's a start :)
    Bless you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, your red and white Christmas décor is perfect for the season. I've always loved red and white and silver. That ladder is really decorated nicely too. Stay warm from the rains coming your way; it's been raining a lot here too.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your decorations! I say again- you need to come to Michigan and help me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your decorations are lovely, Bonnie! The red and white is so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Bonnie, loving your Christmas decorating!!! Looks so beautiful and the balls in that box are prim perfect. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bonnie ~ Everything looks so festive. You and Linda are such unique decorators. Love seeing all your special things, and the colors. Sending love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a ladder?! Wow. It looks great! Say, how much have I missed? I remember you were going back to work...don't remember the part about a new house...is this even the same blog? Don't mind me, Bonnie, I am easily confused!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.