Monday, February 12, 2018

Unfamiliar Territory

An update...

I had an interview on Saturday for an Activity Director at a Nursing Home. It’s in a smaller neighboring town. The ride was nice, not on the interstate. It felt like the home in my small town community. Of course, I was very familiar with the terms, MDS, Interdisciplinary Team, Care Plans, Quality Assurance, Surveys, Elopement (yikes). Yes, there was that one, and the home is currently under investigation. Although,in some ways that is a red flag, I truly believe that the new administration is working hard to put some things in place to greatly improve the situation and move forward. I share the same ideas as the new administrator as to what the activity program should look like. It would be a revamping of the entire program from the ground up. My head was spinning with ideas. I may not get the job, but that’s ok. I felt that I did well and it was a great boost to my self-esteem which I needed badly. I got called for an interview with the job that I mentioned on another post. Two very different positions and this one would be a completely new environment for me. Something new may be what I need but the unfamiliar is scary and...well...unfamiliar. 

I’m praying that whatever God wants will be an open door and the other will remain closed. I can honestly say this time that I have no idea what is best. All I can do is trust The One who does.

My interview is at 2:00pm CST on Wednesday. Keep me in your prayers.

Some super cute ones to share.

Here were Harper and Mommy and Daddy cheering on the Olympic athletes at the Opening Ceremony.

This is Connor, the cutest little old man, on the 100th day of school.



My little princess ballerina.

8 comments:

  1. Prayers for the perfect job! Love seeing the pictures of your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, my friend!
    Lovely pictures you shared. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers that the Lord's will be done! Since we...in our confusion sometimes...don't know what to pray for or HOW to pray, you can never go wrong praying for HIS WILL to be done...whatever that looks like! Love and prayers coming your way...heading your way literally myself on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such cute grandkids - and such a blessing!
    Praying that God makes it abundantly clear which direction he wants you to go in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of the possibilities sound good. Praying that as you mentioned, the door will open that is what God has planned for you.

    Adorable family!! Such a cute "Old Man"..haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Love Love the picture of you with the Grands! All the pics are so sweet. I pray the direction you are to go will be made abundantly clear. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.