Sunday, February 26, 2012

Visiting My Home-Away-From-Home

It's a beautiful Sunday and as always, I enjoyed sharing God's precious Word with my Sunday School Class.
 
It's cool outside but the sunshine warms my heart.  It's days like today when I can feel my mama and daddy close to me, and their love continues to embrace me.  I think I listen to them more now than I did when they were living.  Their once unheeded advice now echoes in my ears.

As you can see, I have a new blog header!  Yey, me!!! At 51, I am learning new things!  Thank you Claudia.  You are a great teacher.

I'm getting soooo pumped.  Can't wait for my trip to Nashville next weekend.  It really is home because my children are there...Home is where the heart is, right?  And they are my heart! 
It's my daughter's 30th.  Oops!  She hates it when I share her info on my blog!  But don't you think this is cause for celebration???  What mother doesn't swell with pride at the mention of her chidlren.
Of course, I've got to get my hands on my Connor, my absolutely beautiful, first GRANDchild.  They don't call 'em GRAND for nothing!
 
I have to see my GRANDdog, Bennie and I have a new baby, Charlie.  Bennie is a Sheltie and he is beautiful.  Since they live so far away and I don't get to visit everyday, I wanted Connor to hear his
Bon-Bon's voice. For Valentine's Day, I sent him a recorded book, I Love You So Much.  Bennie heard my voice and went looking for me.


  I haven't met my newest GRANDdog, Charlie.  He is a shitzo??? Is that how you spell it??? He is adorable, just a baby rescued from the pound by my daughter and son-in-law. He even goes to doggie daycare once and awhile.  He has brought much joy to them!


This is my daughter's bedroom and my home-away-from home.  I hope to get a close-up of the photos over the bed.  They love Savannh and these are shots of The Marshall House where they stayed on their honemoon, 8 years ago??? Wow, time flies!

The Old Spaghetti Factory is a beautiful old building in downtown Nashville where we celebrated after our grandson's dedication ceremony.  I just had to photograph the tremendous light fixtures and the ceiling beams.


More to come from my home-away-from home.  And...you'll get to meet Charlie.  So will I:)




2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great trip to Nashville. You must be soooo excited!!
    Thanks for visiting, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.