Thursday, November 23, 2017

Catching Up and Happy Thanksgiving

Warning!  Long post!

The following was a post I started at the end of October, post-retreat a month before.  I will add a few pics and start a new post. If you don't feel like reading, no worries.  Just let me say, Happy Thanksgiving!

I can't believe how much time elapses between each of my blog posts.  Honestly, I hate the pace that I seem to be keeping right now.  Just minutes before, I was chatting on line with a Verizon rep trying to get an update on my iPhone.  It took a hour to get an order processed.  It took changing my password three times, due to my lack of knowledge, accuracy or something.  At the end of the process, I just put my head in my hands and cried. My photos are taking forever to download and forward to email so I can share with you my going-ons of the past month. 

The Women of Covenant Retreat was wonderful, but just not long enough.  I needed more than a weekend.  Being the director means countless hours trying to get a planning committee together and on the same page.  Fundraisers are viewed differently by different people and money is always an issue.  I opted to find a beautiful setting with great accommodations which always means more money.  We believe in the end, we found the perfect place with the perfect speaker and music director for the weekend. 


Maybe next year, we can go later when the leaves are changing.  Can you imagine this setting in peak Fall season?



My desire was to have everyone together in the same lodge.  We housed and slept 27 women comfortably.



Bible Journaling classes were a part of our weekend.  
We laughed, we ate, we prayed.
 

We built an altar.
 
 We presented our request before God.


It was what we needed...just a little longer.
 
 
Pictures from the last month. 
 
 
For this I prayed...
 


God hath granted the desires of my heart.
 


 
 
I am thankful.
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, Looks like your sweet children are making you happy. Wishing you a great thanksgiving day together. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...my comment went poof into thin air. My apologies for not keeping in touch...just fyi I had a radical hysterectomy, just got home on Sunday (or was it Sat?)...anyways...

    Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving, Bonnie, I have missed you. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have loved your women's retreat. We are such a small church and anything we would like to do costs way too much. We've not done a retreat for too many years.
    Your little ones are so precious. I'm so glad you are near them.
    Working full time would be a stretch for me at this point in my life. God bless you and give you strength! Sending you my love <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful post. I am glad you had such a wonderful retreat. I have not been on one in years. Hope your Thanksgiving is a wonderful one. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your retreat sounded amazing. We haven't had a women's retreat for several years due to the church split and losing many women and lack of funds...but the few of us that remain have talked about getting something smaller together. The place for your retreat looked so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. However long it takes, just keep in touch.. I will be happy to see you! It looks like the retreat was exactly what we ALL need! Enjoy your day dear friend, Happy Thanksgiving to you too! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.