Friday, December 30, 2011

Year in Review

As I reflect on the past year, I've experienced joy and pain.  However difficult the difficult times were, the times of joy were much more joyful. Since I am a new blogger, I'll share a little about myself as a means of giving expression to my feelings and to reminisce about the joys and pain.  Yes, it's good to experience the pain again-to feel the emotions.  Because I've been through enough to know He'll be enough for me.

Some moments that caused much emotion...

After 5 years of sickness, heartache, and pain, Daddy passed from this life only to begin new life with his wife of 65 years, a 5 year old son, a brother, a mother, and many friends.  As a pastor, there are now more on the other side than are on this side.  So he is happy and well and that brings me joy in the midst of the pain.  He left a legacy of love for my mother.  I read those love letters and am amazed at such love.  He lived only 6 months after she died.


In May, my son graduated from Trevecca Nazarene University with a Physicians Assistant degree.  He and his wife blessed our hearts with our first grandson on October 27.  New Life!  

All My Children

In May, we enjoyed our annual visit to Hilton Head.  How refreshing!  Like rain after a hot summer day!

After 10 years as an Activity Director in long-term care, I retired to go back to school.  Even with 3 A's in nursing, I knew it wasn't for me.  So much giving, so much loving and losing, and so much time and energy given to my parents and I'm just not ready to give again. 

BEFORE
For now, I am enjoying a new place of peace and quiet rest.  I enjoy an early AM cup of coffee with white chocolate and caramel creamer and my Maker.  I am enjoying new pleasures in His presence.  I am a part time junkie and manage a precious, little shop in a Georgia railroad town 3 days a week.  For the first time in my life, I am content with little.  I find pleasure in the simple things.  I enjoy the early morning...early morning walks, early morning reflection.  I'm not in a hurry to be anywhere.  I am simply waiting to hear from God about what my next step will be. 
AFTER

We've finished a small home renovation.  We gave our home of 27 years a facelift with new doors and windows, siding, and beams replaced.  We had a complete kitchen makeover, refinished our floors, and added carpet to our bedrooms. We are content with these small pleasures.

Yes, it's been a year of change, but we find ourselves enjoying this new place and look forward to enjoying more time wth our children and grandchildren.  Yes, I say "grandCHILDREN" because I believe!  Happy New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.