Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What To Do With an Old Wooden Tool Box?

What To You Do With an Old Wooden Box?

It's been over a week since I've posted.

Been kinda melancholy.
My life is in a bit of transition-
necessary, but painful.

Been looking at this old wooden tool box.
I'm not sure if it's old
or if it's just been nailed together 
to look old.


The bottom's not deep enough and the handle 
not wide enough 
for carrying many tools.

Resembles an old make-shift planter.
Not too pretty by foo-foo standards
Not much use.



So, the master junkie 
that I am,
threw in some of my favorites,
ironstone, crocheted and tattered doilies,
a magazine (the cooking kind when I can't cook)...


...and some sweet speckled eggs. 



If you look closely, 
you'll see that the eggs are not real
and the doilie is not perfect,


and underneath, the pitcher is cracked.

Kinda like the contents of my life...

a not-so-perfect box,

a cracked pitcher,

a tattered piece of cloth,

a few fake eggs.

And the Master Builder
puts them all together and
makes something beautiful.

If ever there were dreams
That were lofty and noble,
They were my dreams
At the start.

And the hope for life's best
Were the hopes that I harbored
Down deep in my heart.

But my dreams turned to ashes
My castles all crumbled 
My fortunes turned to loss.

So wrapped them all up
In the rags of my life 
And laid them at the cross.

Something beautiful
Something good,
All my confusion
He understood.

All I had to offer Him 
Were brokenness and strife,
But He made (He's making)
Something beautiful out of my life.






The above song was written 
by Gloria Gaither.
I sing it often to remind myself 
that's he's not finished making 
"Something Beautiful"
out of my life. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.