Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thank You, Lord, For Your Blessings On Me
 
I've a roof up above me
I've a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love, Lord
And a fine family.
Thank You, Lord
For your blessings on me.


...there's a verse or two to this song that I don't remember

I think someone wrote, "A good cup of coffee"
and a good place to sleep.

I think I like that.

I think a good cup of coffee would make even a tent
feel like home.

Sometimes the most simple pleasures
are the greatest blessings.

Today I'm thankful for peace-
peace that comes from quiet trust and rest.


I know grief beyond words
and what some writers call,
"The dark night of the soul,"

Today I know peace
and for that
I am thankful.

I hope I've turned a corner.

I'm learning to let go-
to say no
and for once to just "be"
rather than "do."

The process has not been easy-
but necessary.

Because until I've let it hold me and not let me go
until I've faced the terrors that have haunted my soul
and help me captive-
only then have I found the courage to let go.

And in my letting go,
I am truly free.

I found this canvas art
 
 
It is as close to our family as you can get.
 
Only a little different...
 
We laugh a lot...
when the children are home.
 
Been laughing alot the last few days...


 







 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. A good word...I too believe the most simple things in life are the best! To do the right thing, makes LIFE better! It's good to hear those LAUGHING! Roxie

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.