Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Family

I have accepted a position with ResCare, 
a home health agency that provides care 
for the homebound client.

I will be a direct care provider. 
It's taken me a few weeks to accept the position  
after training, orientation, and
considering other jobs in retail.
.
Basically, I will be a companion.
I will do light housekeeping, transport 
the client to appointments,
assist with shopping needs, etc.

My first client is a sweet little lady
who lives alone in a very nice house
and needs very little care. 

I just know that I love people.
I love to serve people.
Sometimes it's easy and sometimes it's not.
But, I can't let fear of what might be 
keep me from using the gift that God has given me. 

Okay, let's see if those photos will load.


This is my silly, 13 year old niece.
Yes, a typical 13 year old.


This is her crazy mom, my sister. 


It looks like they are having a serious moment. 
Nope!  Sarah turned away from the camera.
No more pictures!


She will always have my heart, my little girl.
She was more than upset when we moved. 
She's asked me more times that I can't count, 
"Aunt Bonnie, do you love me now as much as you did."


Getting in the paddle boats was a trip!
She was screaming and I was laughing.


The guys were fishing and I waved across the lake.
She's like, 
"Aunt Bonnie, you are embarresing me.
You are just like my mom!"


They stopped fishing before we stopped paddling. 


We had a blast!

Look who's hiding. 
She's a straight mess, but a pure delight and joy!
Well, that is when she's not being moody.
She had me all to herself this weekend so she was happy.

I miss my brother and his family.
It's been too long and I pray daily for reconciliation.
I'm realizing my part in the distance. 
I am asking God to give me an opportunity to make things right.
Although, there were words harshly spoiken on both sides, 
I feel that it is I who needs to extend the olive branch.

Hope you enjoyed my trip as much as we did.

Bonnie:)





11 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I just feel for you so much at times. I love all my family dearly...and I bite my tongue lots around two of my sisters. They are demanding and very opinionated.....but I know life is short and God wants me to be good. ...so you may truly have to be the better person and even eat nasty crow and stuff ...you know honey. It will be okay...cause I think you have a strong faith. Never give up. I think you will be a good helper for the older lady. She will like you. Blessings and best of luck on the job. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good get away! How fun :-) Looks like you had good weather. Good lick with your new job. I had some fantastic home heath care works. Seems like special people go into health care/.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun Bonnie, great family pictures.sending good luck for your new job.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cong rats on the job! It sounds perfect for you. The pictures look like so much fun. I'm glad you had that time together. Sorry to hear about your brother though. We deal with similar issues on Bob's side. We keep extending the olive branch but there is a tension felt at most gatherings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's supposed to be congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time with family:) I smiled throughout this post! Enjoy your day and congrats on the new job! I know you will be a blessing to her! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new journey in life. And yes dear lady, the Lord called us to serve and not be served. May we all grasp this concept. Fun family pictures. Oh I do hope reconciliation will come forth for you and your brother and family. Life is too short...time is at hand...Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job!
    So many people will benefit from your loving care.
    Hugs and love, my friend. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you are suited perfectly for your new job. I worked for 6 years with a home health agency and it was so nice. I could finally spend time with my patients. Your family are so cute and how fun it is to get goofy with family! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best♥ Beautiful family photos ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Bonnie, I so enjoyed your family photos from this post and your previous one. What a precious and beautiful time you must have had :)

    Congratulations on the new job, sweet friend. Happy weekend to you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.