Saturday, October 22, 2016

Reminiscing






Today was a Bonnie-day. Yes, it was and I don't feel guilty, not one bit!

I went to try on clothes first, which I hate! I've been a sweat pants/pajama kind of girl for 5 years. 

I just drove around a bit. I noticed a sign, "Barn Sale," so I did a U-turn. Oh my goodness! I truly was on a sentimental journey.


The winding road took me back to the days of my childhood. I sat at this gate and thought of the days that my favorite cousin and I sat on the gate and talked about the boys we liked and sang songs 
to the tune of David Cassidy and The Partridge Family, "I think I love you..."

Although you can't see that the leaves are beginning to change, the feel of Autumn is in the air.

This was not the barn. The "barn" was a pre-constructed metal building and there wasn't much to see or buy. I liked this little shed instead. It reminded me of my granddaddy's shop. His shop was really a broken down shack where he kept two broken refrigerators repurposed to keep fishing bait. 


Now this I wanted to take home with me. 

This was only part of my day. I'll save the rest another day.

I have to tell you that I drove and reminisced. I shed a few good tears, yes, the good kind. I talked to a cousin on FB and we both agreed that it's time we got together.

10 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a "Bonnie" day...been keeping you in prayer sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lovely day, Bonnie. I can't wait to hear about the rest of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we ALL need days like that, Bonnie. I am so glad you had a ME day! You deserve it. Get together with your cousins...life moves us along way too fast and no one understands us like our cousins and siblings. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes... I want the camper also. I can picture it as a place to stay in my yard. Chintz curtains in the windows, cute table and a day bed. lots of lace... Ahhhhhh, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'd want that trailer, too!! Glad you had a Bonnie day :) can't wait to hear the rest of it....I'll keep checking!
    Bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you ha a Bonnie day! Time to reminisce is good, and sometimes we need to shed a few tears! The trailer is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would call that the "Perfect Day"....we all need more of those. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to have a walk in that beautiful road trees on both the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll fight you over that camper! Isn't it adorable? Sounds like my kind of day! Do not ever feel guilty for taking a Bonnie day. I hope you will be able to take another one in a couple of weeks, right down Rt. 840 :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like your "Bonnie day" was spent out in the country, how wonderful! I love those country roads and been longing to drive them lately. I remember The Partridge family, I think I love you. What a fun day you had, Bonnie.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.