Thursday, October 20, 2016

This is My Father's World


 I'm still fighting these overwhelming feelings of sadness. There are so many people hurting, people I love back home. It would be impossible to share how long my prayer list has become. We've had one tragedy after another for several months now. A young girl killed in an accident, a friend of my sister has a heart attack and dies at 50, several of my friends are fighting cancer and enduring treatments one of which recently lost the battle, mother and her brother are killed in an accident while her husband, a friend's life hangs in the balance, a young college sophomore is accidently killed by his best friend, both families that I love. It's been overwhelming. 


I am feeling the need to hear from the Lord more than ever before. This is when I miss home, the familiar, family and friends. 

Last night I chose to put in my ear plugs and listen to a Charles Billingsly concert on YouTube rather than listen to the ridiculous presidential debate.


It's safer in this little corner of my world. 

I took the plugs out for a moment when I caught the words, "According to the law, an unborn child has no constitutional  rights." That did it! 

Trump's response to Clinton's stance secured my vote for him.

  
If God cares for the birds of the air and is pleased to give his little ones the kingdom, then He's gonna take care of his children. 

Today I slowed down a few feet from the stop sign of our subdivision to behold the beauty of the Lord. In a world of uncertainty, of this one thing I'm sure,

This is my Father's World. He is and will be King of Kings and Lord of Lords regardless of who is president of this  land.


9 comments:

  1. Amen! We were talking with friends the other evening and my husband said the same thing. It gives comfort in this crazy world. I'm voting for Trump too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so totally in agreement with you. I am voting for Trump and the sooner the better. We have Vote By Mail in our hands but I am wondering if we should vote in person to be sure our vote COUNTS!
    What has happened to America? Sometimes I am overcomed with the evil that seems to prevail. Then I remember the scripture - Greater is he that is in YOU than he that is in the world.
    Hoping and praying that the 'silent majority' will be speaking out this election.
    Thank you for posting.....it did encourage my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my friend, SO much sadness:( I am sending you a big HUG and would love to give you a real life HUG! I will pray for all of those who you are praying for! GOD be with them all! Have a blessed day dear friend! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, it seems like the whole world is going crazy! I understand how important it is to find a place that you feel safe - even if it's just a chair with my Bible. The tree is beautiful. In all the chaos, God still shines. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I wish that congress would pass a law, that in politics the one running had to tell us what they would do for the U.S. not mud sling. I have no idea where those people really stand at times...they are so busy bad mouthing the others. It's going to take a lot of prayers. I wish you peace...there's so much we have no control over..so we give it up to God. Bless your heart honey, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of heaviness, my friend. sending you a hug!
    This election is a hard one. So far, my conscience will not let me vote for either one. Soooo, there goes my vote for third party. Not a perfect choice, for sure. Sorry to all the Trump people....just can't do it.
    Hope your evening is slow and peaceful. God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you, Bonnie. You have had a year full of grief and anxiety producing situations. You just trust in the Lord that it will all turn out as it is supposed to do and I know that you do that. It still doesn't make it easier to bear though, does it?

    I will be so glad when these elections are over and life can take on a whole new 'normal'. Blessings- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear all this but always remember God is with you. And I agree with you on the election. God bless you and your family. And God bless the USA and bring our country back to a God fearing, God loving country. ~♡~

    ReplyDelete
  9. A big AMEN to that! Oh BTW, I love the new look of your blog...all dressed up for fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.