Tuesday, October 18, 2016

I'm Done

Much has happened since my last post. The association with my recent employment with the home care agency has been a nightmare. 

I applied for the job and was hired on the spot. I didn't expect an immediate hire. I think they were desperate seriously and weren't not ready to be open for business. 

She suggested I come in for orientation, get everything in order, have TB test and take CPR class so that I'd be ready to go should I decide to work. The cost of both was more than I made in the two days that I worked. Stupid me!

Upon leaving the office, she said if you decide to work with us give me a call by the end of the week. I didn't call because I still didn't have a peace about it. Oh, I should have listened to my gut! 

She called me and asked why I hadn't called. She passively-aggressively stated that she had the one client for me and I would be perfect but she had to know she could depend on me. The ball initially was in my court, no pressure she said. I was to call her. When she questioned my dependability, I caved and took the job.

Of course, you know how the story ended. I took the the job and knew it wasn't going to work out. I called her and told that it just wasn't a good fit for me...

I have received several emails from her that my time sheet was not complete. Now this is ONE visit. She even said if I wanted to get paid that I had to return to the clients house and have her sign off on it. Mind you, it was initialed and that's all that was required after each visit. Had I completed one more visit, I would have gotten her signature because it was the end of the pay period,

The training was not adequate as she was basically running the office, answering the phone and tending to her personal business while training. There are three different ways to complete clock in and out depending on the client's insurance. Different numbers to call and different time sheets depending on the client's needs and mileage. I worked one day! One day! She continues to harass me with emails. She personally is going to have to make a trip to the clients home, blah, blah, blah. By law she had to pay me but, blah, blah, blah.,,

The story is probably not over as I finally spoke to her about the inadequate training that we received. However, I told her that I was done with the discussion and that I would no longer be corresponding with her in this manner.

On a good note, I have a part time job in retail at the outlet mall only 10 minutes from my house. Today is my second day. I'm tired, but I have a great team. My manager is priceless. When I left yesterday, she said, "Bonnie, I like you. I think you are going to be a great member of our team."  I almost cried.

This is now what my day
Looks like,


A walk through those doors...


And this.


I've traded these...


for these.

I've got much to learn but it's fun and good-bye to health care.

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry you had to go through that but your former boss doesn't sound like she had her ducks in a row. I'm glad you have another job and a encouragment from your new boss. Enjoy your rest with your feet up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live and learn, don't we:) I am SO happy that you cut loose from the health care job! I could tell you were very unhappy and they were asking WAY too much of you! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It means so much to be appreciated! Glad you are where you are. I have been a RN for 36 years and have worked at the same place for 32 years....if I dropped dead they probably would just walk over me! Being appreciated is priceless

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awful, I am so sorry that you had to go through such a nightmare. I certainly go to the Labor Board and report her. She is a nightmare and does not know how to manage anything.
    So glad you are enjoying your new job.

    have a great week.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a nightmare and I'm so glad you are done with it and her! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for YOU!! Even if you Never get paid from the other place, you will be better off!! You are in my prayer dear one! I bet you will love your new job! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry you had to go through all that.. so glad you now have a job you can enjoy and look forward to returning to each day. Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. What a whirlwind you've been through. Lesson learned....always go with your gut feeling. I'm so glad this new adventure is working out; hopefully your tootsies will get used to being worked all day. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go get 'em girl...rock those boots! I don't blame you one bit for leaving after that first day...what a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.