Sunday, October 2, 2016

Burlap Added to the Box

It's feeling like Fall in Nashville.
Just wanted to share a few photos.

 This is what I did with the wooden box that I got from Amy's Vintage Sale.

I added some burlap to fill in the rotted bottom. 


Remember this?


No one would ever know.


Moving things around a bit makes me smile.


Adding a little color this year. First year in forever that I've had a real orange pumpkin.


I had the baby girl all weekend so I had only a few morning minutes to myself.


She kept me busy. She enjoyed wearing her mommy's broken tiara and coloring with her 30 year old crayons. 

Her mommy had another alumni show to do.

We were all sick. She threw up and was sick all the way to GA and was hoarse. 

However, she can sing when she can't speak.


Can you tell, I'm her biggest fan. 

It's been a week of ups and downs, highs and lows, fears and faith and smiles and tears. 

But God is God in the good times and bad, thus I will still praise Him.

10 comments:

  1. That wooden box is perfect for your fall display! I plan on getting some gourds this week and begin making things look like fall around here. I hope your daughter feels better. Those singers are troopers. My grand daughter sings at Busch Gardens and she can sing when she can't talk. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely for fall! Great photo's of the children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I think all we mommies are our children's biggest fans. :):) I loved seeing the little one wear her mommy's tiara. Cute décor. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big, Big smiles, sweet friend...that icky crud has been going around here as well...sigh...don't worry about finding me--loosing me or whatever you said on the blog---I know where to find you, girlfriend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Bonnie, so loving that wooden box, I love what you did with it. You know I love my primitives broken and busted. Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, that picture of your granddaughter coloring with her mom's 30 year old crayons is priceless. What a treasure. You know, I like the white pumpkins every Fall, but there's nothing quite like the orange ones sprucing up our homes.

    love, ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burlap is kind of like duct tape, it covers a multitude of 'issues'! Love what you did with your beautiful box! Hope everyone is feeling better! Blessings, Cindy xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that box, and putting burlap in it was genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your box! And I am a huge fan of burlap. Everything looks so pretty. Oh honey...that old mess has been hitting on some of my friends and I have been praying constantly a hedge of protection around myself! That crud is bad stuff. Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that your granddaughter? She is so cute! It's funny how kids love to play with old things. They find them fascinating. I like what you did with the wooden box. Your Fall vignette looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.