Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What I Did For Love

The WCHS Theatre Musical Review
1997-2015
was phenomenal.


50 alumni+present students brought down the house.


This was the team from 1997-2001.

They were like, 
"Do you realize they are calling us 'old'."

What's the old Clairol commercial, 
"I'm not getting older, 
I'm getting better."

Yelp!
That would be this group!


One of the leading actresses in Christy's group
was unable to make the rehearsals
but was able to see the show.
It was like a high school reunion for this group.


These three were in Dames at Sea.
The musical was an off-Broadway show
and they performed it at Literary One Act. 


Of course, Christy is still my favorite singer and actress.

The musical review featured her in 
"Summer Nights" and "Hopelessly Devoted" from Grease,
"What I Did for Love" from A Chorus Line, 
"Til There was You" from The Music Man.


I know the obstacles she's had to overcome
even in the weeks of rehearsals, 
physical challenges that she doesn't share.

I know the years that there was no song
in her heart as she waited.


I cried when she sang, "What I Did for Love,"
because I know what she did this weekend was for love. 
There is once again a song in her heart. 




11 comments:

  1. What a sweet love story hers is.
    Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good musical performance. It's even better when the cast includes people you know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww - this is great! And I love that last photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you've traveled a bit over the past couple of weeks, but I hope you felt it all worth the effort! Reap the Rewards of what You did for Love! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the smiles, Bonnie. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH what a SWEET time with friends! I know you enjoyed seeing her perform and that last picture... be still my heart! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you must have been the most doting mother there...and for all the reasons you mentioned and more! What a wonderful experience for all of you...and worth EVERY mile you traveled these past few weeks and more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a happy time...that makes good memories too. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet memories for you and everyone! Now you can rest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like many great memories were made!

    Many blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun!! It is good to meet up with old friends!!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.