Sunday, January 22, 2012

I LOVE...PINK


Valentine's Day is fast approaching.  I'm not a touchy-huggy-feely kind of person, but tonight I feel a bit sentimental.  I guess I'm missing my mom and dad who were the epitomy of love. Everything in their lives was a reflection of LOVE...love for God, first...love for each other...love for their children...love for others.

We define love in many different ways...

As a child of the 70's and "Love Story," LOVE meant "never having to say you're sorry."  Anyone else remember watching that movie over and over again knowing that it was going to make you cry over and over again???

Love ALWAYS says, "I'm sorry.  I was wrong.  Will you forgive me."

The greatest definition of love is found in 1 Corinthians 13, the LOVE chapter.  My paraphrase is a combination of several translations...

Love bears with the faults of others.  Love speaks gently and offers a kind word.  Love does not desire what someone else has, instead love rejoices in the success of others.  Love does not brag, it is not puffed up.  Love is not rude.  Love always speaks the truth... in love.  Love does not always have to be right.  Love overlooks the faults of others and will hardly even notice when others get it wrong. If we love someone we will faithful to them no matter what the cost.  We will always protect them and always stand our ground in defending them. Love will go the extra mile.  Love never gives up.   We must have faith, hope and love.  Faith is powerful...it can move mountains.  Hope is necessary...without it we are miserable.  But the greatest of these is LOVE...it is the most excellent way!

I'll be sharing with you a few of my loves from time to time in the next few weeks.


This was the pew bouquets for my cousins' wedding.  I love pink roses and pink daisies:)
I love Pink...

I love PINK candies.

I love PINK and black together!  Of course, LOVE me some CAKE!

Love is best friends forever wearing PINK bows and carrying PINK flowers. (That's my girl on the right! I LOVE her!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.