Sunday, January 8, 2012

My Heart Lives in Nasvhille

Just getting home from a very special weekend in Nasvhille, TN.

Almost 12 years of driving 6-7 hours one way, and it doesn't get any easier...leaving my babies there. 

I will never, ever forget the first time we made that trip.  My daughter was a freshmen in college...a late bloomer...not quite ready, her mama didn't think, to be sooo far away from home...like Miriam must have felt about Moses...I felt like I was hiding her among reeds.  Downtown Nasvhille was just too big and too busy and too...too...Oh, well, you get my point.

Our baby boy and his baby boy! "You created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb, I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days were ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  Such knowlege is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain."  Psalm 139:13-16, 6

Three years later, we did it all over again.  This time meant leaving our baby boy and coming home to an empty house...Ugh.  Empty nest syndrome...We had it BAD!  Actually, it was his daddy that cried all the way home.

Well, we've actually become quite comfortable with the empty house.  We have our own routines, our own quiet times, our own...silence, yes!  And it is lovely.

Now, they are all grown and gone and my baby and his precious wife are now releasing their baby, our grandson, into the hands of our precious Lord.   I feel a sense of peace and satisfaction knowing that they are happy and content and that makes me well...
         ...happy and content.

Oh yeah, I remembered that I was going to show you some creations made especially by my daughter (with the help of her creative husband).  They are quite creative (did I mention that they are creative) and I enjoy seeing new additions to their home everytime I visit.  Her creativity spurs my creativity.




She, too, is a lover of All Things WHITE and beautiful!



The painted picture frames is one of my favorite of their displays.
She shares my love for milk glass, mirrors, blue mason jars, and bottles, and of course, white!

Just love the red, orange, and brown on the yellow walls.  I do miss my red kitchens sometimes!



Right, I've got a few projects of my own going on.  I'll share later.  Happy Creating!



1 comment:

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.