Thursday, January 5, 2012

My Magnificent Obsession

I know...it's kinda strange to be snapping photos at this time of the morning.  But why not...it's my favorite time of the day.

Time spent in quiet reflection...
   A cup of coffee out of my favorite mug...
      A few words out of my favorite book...
           A prayer for my favorite grandchild (he's the only one right now)...
A few of my favorite things...Magnificently Obsessed with Anne Graham Lotz book and the God she is obsessed wth.

          
"The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.  He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being taught."  Isaiah 50:4

This verse came to me after a season of pain.  In quiet mornings with my Maker, the God who created me, formed me, knit me together in my mother's womb, began to heal me.  How could God speak to me when I was so empty...so used up...so spent out...

That's exactly when God wants to speak to us the most...in our brokeness...in our painful, incredible loneliness and isolation...He Comes!

Yes, I'll awaken every AM just to hear him speak.  Care to join me?

Simply obsessed with the magnificent!
    

1 comment:

  1. Oh--I'm going to love watching for your postings! Thanks for joining me--I'm following you now too--hope you'll join in with some parties and show off those creations (you kitchen makeover is awesome). Happy postings!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.