Friday, May 31, 2013

School Lockers

Another school year is past.

Graduation is done.

Mommies and daddies are wiping tears
and beginning to feel the emptiness of
the nest.

I'm remembering school days pasts.



I can smell the musky aroma of 
sweaty tennis shoes in a gym locker room
while three best friends
sit with brushes in hand
and sing,
 "You Light Up My Life."

 I can feel the push and shove of
classmates in the hallways
and
hear the sound of lockers slammed.



I can feel the adrenaline and rush 
of trying to get to class before the bell rings.

Never thought school lockers
would become a decorating trend.

Great ideas on pinterest.

Happy Huntin' and Junkin'

Bonnie:)










3 comments:

  1. Oh- I remember all those things, too, Bonnie. Also the mad dash to the bathroom between classes and hoping you could make it to class on time if you stopped to go!;>) Oh-to have a set of those lockers! Wouldn't I love THAT!?! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter wants a set of those for her mud room she has 4 little boys and you can't walk in from the garage because of 50 pairs of shoes and feels like 50 coats and jackets hanging on hooks

    thanks for visiting my blog

    janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't believe another school year is over. The years just keep rolling by.
    Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments. It means a lot!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.