Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Princess with True Beauty

Yesterday was the annual Kaolin Festival 
in my hometown.  

As you know, I didn't attend the gathering.  

However, I have a sweetie who was the main attraction!


Jordan Welch
Miss Kaolin 2014

This is one of my girls!
She is truly a role model.
She possesses what Mandisa sings about.

"True Beauty"
Do You think that a California girl is supposed to have curls and wear a jean size 3? 
All the curves in all the right places, spray tanned faces like on TV? 
And we read in the gospel of Vogue that we're all supposed to dress and move and be 
Visions of perfection 
Such a misconception 
'Cause the real connection is deeper than the eye can see 

[Chorus:]
What's inside of you 
What's inside of me 
The hands that made the moon and the stars 
The mountains and the seas 
Made you wonderful, beautiful, marvelously 
Let the whole world see your 
True beauty 

Don't know much about Dolce and Gabbana 
Seems like a lot of drama to me 
And you can keep all your red high heels 
And open-toed shoes - I'm good in my bare feet 
Lets get down to the nitty gritty 
Enough sex and the city 
What about purity? 
Skin is just the surface 
The passion and the purpose that's burning down inside us 
Is really what we need to see 

[Chorus]

Doesn't come in a bottle, doesn't come in a box 
You can't spray it on, you can't wash it off 
You can't nip and tuck, you can't sew it up 
So don't waste your time 
It's the love in your heart, the peace in your soul 
The hope in your smile lets the whole world know 
This little light - you gotta let it shine 
your
True Beauty


Inside and out, Jordan is a true beauty.
You can find her barefoot or in jeans and cowboy boots most of the time
with a smile on her face and joy in her heart. 
She is a leader and role model to our youth.

There was another princess present. 


Does every little girl not love Elsa?
I know I do!

Jordan said this, 
    "Today was probably one of the best days of my life! I was so overwhelmed and humbled at the love from my community, almost to the point of tears, as I rode through the parade. Nothing blesses my heart more than hearing all the little girls say "look a Princess! I want a crown like that when I'm older!" Thank you so much to all of Washington County. Now I think I'll move to Orlando to become a Disney princess!"

    To which I said, 
    "You don't need to go to Orlando to be a princess.  You are a princess."

7 comments:

  1. I love to hear about a princess that's beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...much truth in the words to that song! Won't someone tell Hollywood this? Actually, I don't think they have ears to hear this message :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just in my humble opinion..ALL females/women are princesses or queens. Great post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is very pretty. I think of all my friends as Princesses (or Princes). Y'all are all beautiful. Luv ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you! She is a beautiful young lady. I do love that song by Mandisa. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! It sounds like she is just as precious as she is beautiful, inside and out! Have a blessed evening dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.