Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Anne, I'm Finding a New Normal Too!

I want to share with you, my friends
a recent post by Anne at 
Fiona  and Twig: A New Normal.

Click here to read her story.

I was overwhelmed with compassion
and empathy because I can so relate
to all she is feeling.

I know what it's like to want to pull the covers 
over my head and stay in bed.

Comments on her blog have been turned off
but I somehow want to 
convey to Anne that I understand
what she is feeling.

Anne is an incredibly successful woman.
Her photographs are featured in 
magazines like Romantic Homes
and Flea Market Decor'.
However successful, none of us 
are without pain.

Losing her mom, she has sought
to find a new normal.
Success does not shield one from trouble.
None of us are exempt.


This lady right here taught me how to live,
how to love life,
how to act like a lady in public,
and how to act wild and crazy in our home. 

She taught me how to laugh.
Mama said, "Every day you need to have a good "belly" laugh."
Most of our laughs ended with puddles on the floor.
Most people would not consider that lady-like.
But mama was every bit a lady.

I lost her to dementia three years before she left.
She lost those tears of emotion. 
She lost the ability to feel, laugh or cry.

I just want Anne to know that I sympathize 
with her pain. 
There is not a day that goes by that I don't 
think of my mama and miss her.

When my grandchildren were born, 
I wanted to call Mama. 

When we got the news that my daughter 
was pregnant, my first thought was, 
"I need to call Mama."

Every time I'm sick I'm want my mama.
Don't we all?
When I'm incredibly lonely 
or ecstatically happy, 
I want to share it with my mama.

I feel like when I lost my mama
I lost my family.

I, too have had to find a new normal.
Thanks Anne, for sharing.

After four years, I am still missing my mama.

Bonnie:) 

15 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet and poignant post. I still have my mama. I am lucky that she is still here at age 90. I speak with her several times a day. I do miss my daddy, though and there are so many times I wish I could talk to him. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you've said it so well.


    I miss my mom everyday too, and she passed into heaven in 1991. You never get over the loss of a mom, but I hope every day that a little of her wonderfullness has rubbed off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very blessed you were to have such a wonderful Mother. I lost my mom this summer. She was very sick for along time. (mentally and physically)Sadly never a happy person. SO I do my best to try and be a blessing to others and have a beautiful simple life for us both. I believe with all my heart my mom is finally free. I so wish things could have been different.
    Thankfully God can fill in the sadness and hurts with his super glue LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our Mama's are very special. It's been so long since I've had mine. I was 28 when she dies. I've had three more children which included twins that I know she would have been more than happy to help with. I miss her, certainly. But life goes on. My focus has been my family, my late in life career, Women's group leadership at my church, Nana to my Grands....the list is long! Life has had its challenges but it is GOOD! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I love this tribute to your mom and you let Anne know she is not alone. When we lose our parents we lose the hub of our family, and it does take time to adjust. That sure does not mean we quit missing our parents..we never stop longing for them. No matter how old we are or will get, that longing to be in their arms stays with us. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie - your Momma did a great job of raising you and it shows in your empathy for Anne.
    It's been 11 years since my mom passed. It does get easier but I think we will always miss them. It's especially hard during the big things - like weddings and babies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Relate exactly, my friend...
    Only 8 months for me with my dear father...
    And I feel exactly what you do. Every day.
    Hugs and love and empathy.
    And love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand completely.. when my Mom died I told my hubby I felt like an orphan....I was a grown woman and enjoyed having my Mom for many years still....it left me empty...lacking something...I miss her everyday.. sometimes I catch myself dialing her number or thinking I should go see Mom...Thanks for you compassionate heart to others Bonnie.. I love that about you..and so much more.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I truly understand. I took care of my mom, until she passed away on April 21st 2006. I was home alone with her when the Lord took her. Still heartbroken. Will be praying for this precious one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Bonnie, not à minute goes by that you are sharing everything with your mama, and what a beautiful tribute you have written here for your own mama..... I have lost all my grandparents at a young age, my father when I was 14, and have a mother who suffers with a form of memory loss and stricken with depression to the point I don't even recognize her spirit anymore, her zeal for life has diminished, and passion for creating has been long gone. I too so get your pain as well as beautiful Anne of Fiona and Twig.... We who know here and follow her love and adore her, wish her comment list was still on, even if she has not the time to visit and comment back, it always nice to leave her our thoughts, and concerns as well as thanking her for all she encourages.

    This is a beautiful post, and I am going to walk in faith that our loved ones in passing have shared all we have done in our earthy journey.

    Thank you dear for taking time to visit me, your beautiful words encourage all that I so enjoy sharing.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loss of a loved one, especially someone close to you, is SO hard. I am young enough to fortunately still have most of my family in tact. My parents and inlaws are still alive. But I know that one day that will change and I will have to learn to live without them in my life. It is a sad fact of life that we must all accept. I suppose I will need some Xanax during those difficult times!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Anne! I miss my Mama, she has been gone 26 years! The memories are still with me always and every day she cheers me on in my heart:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bonnie, everything you said is true. I wish I could give you and Anne both a huge hug. My parents/step-parents have all been gone for a long time but the memories never fade or the "want and need" to talk to them. My grandmother, my mother's mother, was absolutely my heart! Everyone called her "Mama". She's been gone since the 60's and I'll never stop missing her.

    I didn't have a relationship with my mother like you did. I think it's just fantastic that she felt laughter was so important! I totally agree ~ She seems like one in a million and I'm so glad you had her.

    Sending you a virtual hug ~
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.