Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Peace, Joy and Thanksgiving

My last day with the baby girl was Friday. Yesterday was her first day at the new sitter's home.  The children call her MiMi. That was what she called me before she could say BonBon...sniff...sniff...


Her mommy said she cried for awhile. She sent me this, tears but a smile.

She has a little friend, Lillie. I'm thankful.

Yesterday and today I filled in for the church secretary. I had a chance to work on my Sunday School lesson and Bible study. I had the opportunity to pray with a grieving mom over the phone. Her 7th grade son had a classmate who died suddenly, cause unknown and her husband's best friend died suddenly with a heart attack. Peace? Yes, I can know peace in the midst of tragedy. Joy? Thanksgiving? That's tough.

There's just so much sadness. Without hope and God's peace, how would any of us make it?


I read this week that a grateful heart brings peace.  I'm trying.


I lost a friend from home yesterday. She had fought the C word for 10+ years. We thought she had beat the odds. She told us before we left that she believed God was gonna heal her. It was over her entire body and yet she knew peace. She did not let it get her down. She started seeing a nutritionist and taking a regimen of vitamins and following the Paleo Diet. She hiked, biked, and fished. She took care of her temple. 

Now she is completely healed.

As a new season approaches, I will look for new beginnings and practice peace and joy with thanksgiving.


I received a gift certificate from my secret sister. I went shopping. Notice the card.

It seems to echo in my ear, 
"Be Thankful."

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Bonnie. I understand how hard it is to find thankfulness in the midst of sadness. It's there but it can take me days to find it. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and your husband's friend. On this side of heaven, we feel loss all the time. Thankfully, your friend doesn't have to experience that anymore. Hugs to you today, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your soul, my friend...
    So much sadness.
    But you exude hope.
    Thank you for that.
    Blessings and hugs from Pa. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, I could have cried looking at your sweet girl. I am glad she has a friend too. At my age now...it seems many of our old friends are passing away. This past week it was my brother's friend and the neighbor boy that we grew up with. Hugs to you, for all the losses. We must believe that they are with God and at peace. With God holding us in hs arms ...that is peace. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.