Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas, Darling


The greeting cards have all been sent.
The Christmas rush is through, 
But I still have one wish to make,
A special one for you...

One of my favorite Carpenter's Christmas songs-
Merry Christmas, Darling.

Tonight I have a lonely, homesick feeling.
Homesick for family.

After three years without them,
it's now hard to continue the traditions 
that my parents held so dear.

This Christmas was a hard one.

Someone once wrote, 
"We put the FUN is dysFUNctional."

I don't feel the fun.

I'm beginning to believe that every family
has some dysfunction.
But it's not fun and it doesn't feel good.

The season began and ended 
with misunderstanding, tension, and distance.

While Jesus came to bring,
"Peace on earth, goodwill toward man,"
I'm feeling sad and with little peace.

Merry Christmas, Darling.
We're apart, that's true.
But I can dream, and in my dreams,
I'm Christmasing with you...

There are things I can't share and won't.
I will say that our parents were the glue that held us together.

Oh, how I miss them tonight.
I know the lights that I see now can't compare, but I still sing,

The lights on my tree, 
I wish you could see;
I wish it every day.

A few moments with you, would put all things in perspective.




The logs on the fire
Fill me with desire 
To see you and to say
That I wish you Merry Christmas
Happy New Year too.

So, for now...
I'll treasure my memories
And pray for restoration and reconciliation

And wish you a Merry Christmas.
Happy New Year Too!

Bonnie:)











1 comment:

  1. After my Mom died about 10 years ago my bothers and sisters very seldom get together.. It just seems families do not enjoy time together today. The holidays have turned into such a time of buying and being so busy that we are exhausted and cannot enjoy each other.. I miss all the family especially the older I get...but, it just seems some of us are better off apart.. so sad but just better. phone calls and distance is better than time spent together...just seems wrong.. Praying for healing and restoration meantime enjoy the joy of knowing that Christ did come to bring peace and one day he will.. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.