Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A Touch of This and That

Didn't really do much decorating this year. 

Just a touch of this and a touch of that. 


I've found that a compote is the best way
to display a little of this and that.


This ceramic tree sat atop my parents
TV for as many years as I can remember.

Before the estate sale, we could not find 
the base to the tree.
I wanted it anyway.

Later when selling the house, 
we found it in a closet.  
This is one of my most treasured possessions. 

The ball jars with a strip of burlap
tied in a knot and entwined with berries from a spray
were used originally as tea lights.

I later added fresh clippings of evergreen
and added to my rustic faux mantel.


I brought the massive tool box home
and used it for a while.

Then changed it back to my original design,


adding the greenery and balls. 

 Waiting for my GRANDbaby to come to GA tomorrow.  

My Christmas with then be Merry, 

Bonnie:)

2 comments:

  1. ...a kiss for luck and we're on our way! I couldn't help myself when I saw the title of your blog. Loved the Carpenters and that song. Now, I love the ceramic tree and what sweet memories it holds for you. I've always wanted one. Lovely Christmas touches. Thank you for popping in to see me and I hope you'll come back sometimes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that ceramic tree. There is always something special about what our parents have that we can keep for keeps.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.