Friday, February 5, 2016

Changing Things Up a Bit

I'm just changing it up a little bit for February.


I bought this window a few weeks ago
when I ventured out after the snow.

It was a steal for $10.
Although I'd rather it have been $5,
I've seen many windows that went for $25-$35.
They weren't nearly as large.

I will probably keep this one up until we move
and change the scene a bit each month.


I brought my "H" in from the patio.
It's too cold for the patio right now anyway.


The plate looks like it may have been exposed
to too much heat, maybe a house fire.
It was a mere 25 cents.

I added the cushioned pillow for a pop of red.


My friend, Patti, gave me the idea
of a banner from printed music.
She made hers, I bought mine.


I found a glass candy dish that
I bought in November. It was in the trunk, hiding from Mr. H.
I intend to add some Hershey's HUGS AND KISSES
for the kids and Valentine's Day.

Looking back I realize my displays rarely change.
I just move things around a bit.

Unless, I'm buying a piece of ironstone or milkglass,
I don't spend much money.

I've found that creating things sometimes
cost more than buying them.

You, my friends, have a great weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,










20 comments:

  1. Oh I love the old window and your treasures you collected. Looks so great for Valentines.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, That is a good backdrop for many vignettes..I like your red for valentines. Your white pitchers work with any holiday decorating. Blessings to you for a good weekend too. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The decorations are so festive. Very pretty. Really dresses up a place, don't they?! I almost bought an old window from a junk store the other day. Someone had painted flowers on the glass and it looked quite decorative. I'm such a sucker for pretty's like that.
    Hope your evening is blessed. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pops of red are just perfect...and I adore your banner. It's always fun to change things up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive Bonnie. I agree sometimes it is cheaper and less stressful to purchase a craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find on the window! Love it with all your red and white decor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. {{{big, big, big smiles}}} I lo ve what you do, Bonnie...so..........when are you coming here to help me? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, Bonnie! I think $10 for the window was great! Love your banner, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful display and creations!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. Little changes are good! That's the only way I can handle it. Love your love banner. I find that buying something is just easier sometimes instead of making it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your pieces and the plate is quite interesting. Your banner looks great. I don't own one of those yet nor have I made one. I just may need to do this, they definitely add some interest. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your pieces and the plate is quite interesting. Your banner looks great. I don't own one of those yet nor have I made one. I just may need to do this, they definitely add some interest. Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always love your decor. Oh the window! Oh the big beautiful H! (I'm thinking your H looks so much better than my F would!)
    I didn't change much for Heart day this year. Think I'll go big for Spring, hehe!
    Still praying for that house for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all your Valentine goodies, Bonnie. Red in the home is so stunning.

    Have a great week ahead.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your display! That H adds some color against that pretty window! Have a blessed week ahead! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.