Monday, February 8, 2016

A Feeling That Becomes a Commitment

"It takes a second to say I love you, but a lifetime to show it."

(I don't know what happened to the font.)

I read this quote this morning and yes, I agree.

A lifetime...
It's been almost 38 years, almost 4 decades, for us!

Love starts with a feeling and continues with a commitment.

Young love for me, it was.
A church event.  A game.  A glimpse from afar.
A phone call. A gift.


Cold hands and warm hearts.


White lace and promises.
A kiss for luck and we're on our way.

A very young man (18 years old) and his 17 year old bride.
We were babies. 

At first a feeling...a commitment for a lifetime. 


Putting a little light on the covenant of marriage.
The magic may wane, 
but the commitment to be true will last a lifetime. 


The above post says it better than I can. 
You'll understand what I'm saying when you read it. 


David and I have now walked through many different seasons. 
The Spring of New Beginnings.
The Fall of Change.
The Winter of pain and hurt, to each other and in life.
The Summer of LIFE!

The move has been several seasons wrapped up in one it seems. 
We've had our own set of challenges, 
pure elated joy and the grief of letting go.

Mr. H doesn't do change every well. 
He hides away, shuts himself off, lives in a cocoon
until the storm has passed. 

But remember from the cocoon comes the butterfly. 
So, I accept this time of isolation 
knowing that something beautiful will emerge. 

This is the kind of commitment that last a lifetime. 


(Please excuse the font above.  I don't know what happened.
Just put on your +300 bifocals and try to read. )











16 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie, love the post, beautiful.Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie...I have tears in my eyes here as I read your beautiful post. I also read Richella's. It will be 40 years for us in August and we have been through every up and down there is in a marriage. Every. One. This season too, shall pass, as they all tend to do. Thanks for posting this, my friend :) {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, Bonnie! I love the idea of Happily Even After. We are in a point of real transition in our lives with retirement and moving in the nearby future...changes, changes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, the seasons that love brings to those who are committed can be quite challenging. The key is perseverance and hanging on, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, I love your post. When we can live thru all the things that can happen in all those years...if makes us and our marriages stronger. It's the working together toward a mutual goal, that makes it work well. Blessings to you. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving alone is a big change. We celebrated 44 years in September. I feel with our move and hopefully my husband's retirement soon, this is a new season for us. Change is hard but sometimes for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully said.
    I understand.
    Sometimes commitment is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully said, my friend! I applaud anyone that can achieve 40yrs...or less or more. :)

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. My David doesn't do well with change either...happy Anniversary my friend...beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an honest and beautiful post. Change is hard for some of us.....and it's wonderful when we have someone special who loves us through our issues. (cocooning could be an issue? Or not. LOL)
    Love to you both~~~ you'll get through this as you've done before.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. FYI: I only had to use +280 readers....yes, I'm bragging. HAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could read it even without the glasses:) Love is for a lifetime! I don't like change either and tackle it kicking and screaming! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post! Sweet and so true. Love the "happily EVEN after"!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.