Thursday, February 18, 2016

Pros and Cons

The interview went great.

I got the call this morning.

I GOT THE JOB...if I want it.

Do I want it???

WORKING OUTSIDE OF THE HOME

Pros:
Working will give me an improved sense of purpose.
I love people. I especially love senior adults.
My brain and body will be working.
Administration and staff have HEART!
The residents are well-cared for, loved and happy!
It's an Assisted Living home and not a Nursing Home.
More Money.

Cons:
I will miss the freedom to spend days with my babies.
The facility is clean but is old and musty.
The area has a higher crime-rate.
I felt a sense of heaviness.
Old, difficult memories of caring for my parents began to surface.
I cried.
Taxes.

KEEPING HARPER

Cons:
I am older and the body gets tired.
The drive is long.
I'm not a morning person.
I want my grandchildren to look forward to time with BonBon.
I don't want her memories of me to be that I took her away from mommy.
Less money.

Pros:
I will be making memories that will last a lifetime.
All of my grands will have time together for play dates,
something they don't get now because Harper is in day care.
I won't have to buy new clothes.
I can get make-up on after a cup of coffee.
Hopefully, being out of day care will help Harper stay well.
No Taxes.

As I prayed last night, I knew the answer.
Peace immediately followed the decision.

I refused the job offer.



Just a little something to leave you with.
I like the new bedside table.
Sturdy, already painted and distressed, my color,
$20.

Looking forward to sunshine today!


Thanks, Linda!








16 comments:

  1. Bonnie I know it was a hard decision but I think you made the right one. I keep my grands two to three days a week so I understand the part about wanting it to be fun and games and not discipline. However after three years of taking care of them, I can say they still enjoy coming to Nana's house. Hope that encourages you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard to make decisions like that, but sounds like you made the right one. Any job that gives you a feeling of heaviness, is probably not the right one. And it sounds like being with Harper has wonderful benefits and will make you happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, very hard decision. But think you did the tight thing....Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read through your post, I was thinking, don't take the job. When I got to where you said you turned them down, I smiled. It seems my entire life I have turned down jobs that would have made us better off now. I am not sorry that I did. You made th right decision. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I'm glad you felt peace about your decision...that means it's the right one. I'm sitting here in tears but not because of you! It's the precious memories of being with Alex and Abby as much as possible during those early years. I had to work, being single. However, I would pick them up from day care often. Then they got a nanny so they wouldn't be sick all the time. Please know I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer...this is about you, not me! Just have those times of missing Abby and one never knows when the tears will surface.

    You're not replacing their Mom, I assure you. You will be making treasured memories that can never be replaced or forgotten. I'm happy for you and for Harper!

    xoxo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Bon Bon. :) Now, I hope I can make the right decision(s) when it's my turn. Hope y'all stay warm and happy. Luv From Sunny Gawga ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, did you change your Header name back to the original? Just wondering....

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. As long as you are at peace, it was the right decision! You can always lay on the couch with the grandchildren there....I make mine make me "dinner" when I just have to sit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that was a hard decision to make...keeping you in prayer...big hugs my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I read the pros and cons, I just knew what you would choose. I think you did good Bon Bon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good decision my friend. love that table.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I am glad they offered you the job because that means you are wanted and valued and I hope added to your self confidence that you are great! However, I can totally see that you have made the right decision for you and for Harper and that is great too, so I see it as a win win situation all round! I told you you would know what was right! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prayer helps with the decisions:) Happy that you feel good about your choice! Have a blessed day dear friend, LOVE the table! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonnie, just my two cents here but if I don't feel peace about something, it usually is God's way of saying it's not the right one for me. I smiled when I read that you had refused the job offer. The heaviness you felt at the assisted living facility would have been a red flag for me. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the table and wise decision ;-) Blessings to you and your family.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  16. First, but not the most important (!), when you are finished with that table, may I have it?? ;-)
    Now for the important stuff,
    Peace is what it's ALL about! I can certainly feel with you concerning all the pros and cons. Right there with you, girlfriend! My heart would love to be planning and making memories with the elderly again....but my heart really belongs to my babies! God Bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.