Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary, How Does Your Garden Grow???


Love this concrete planter!

I must have Spring Fever because I am all about me some flowers and gardens and planters these days.  I don't know if it's from working in my mom's flower garden or looking at some old pictures of her beautiful garden or looking at pictures of your beautiful gardens. 
How does your garden grow???
My lilies and amaryllis are already wilting.

What would you plant in these sweet, little concrete baskets?  Would pansies work? Mama always had pansies. 

My mama's garden had a birdbath right in the middle and the flowers grew around it.  She had some guys find some big rocks from different places- on the side of the road-in some fields and she landscaped her own garden.  That was long before Home Depot or Lowe's. 

This is that cute little metal stand with a concrete urn and flower on top.  I just have to have it!
Misters Halsey and Dean, what makes your garden grow?

(visit Halsey Dean Antiques and Interior Design Garden at 142 E. Haynes Street, Sandersville, GA)

Ya'll come back now, ya here?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie: Pansies would be just perfect just about anywhere. Sweet little things, always remind me of my mom and grandma's gardens..Happy Friday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so in the mood to plant herbs and flowers. I don't have a wonderful green thumb though, so I tend to buy lots of beautiful, green, full ferns.

    Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.