Saturday, April 21, 2012

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who's The Fairest of Them All

I've a few friends who are great photographers.  I watch them work.  They know how to do incredible work with mirrors.

I'm in love with mirrors.  I have one in every room and three in one room. 

With mirrors my very small space is expanded!


Vanity mirrors are my favorite. I bought a child's mirror at a yard sale for 10 cents last weekend.  I remember having one just like it when I was 10 years old.  Admit it, we are fascinated with the image of ourselves. Very early in life, we can't help but look!  Even when we don't like what we see, we are intrigued with ourselves.

I love the way the staircase is reflected in this photo. As in a mirror, others will often reflect our image. 


Somethings we'd rather not see the clutter that is revealed in a mirror. Maybe we need to shine a mirror on the inside to see what kind of clutter needs to be removed  that we may truly reflect he beauty of our Creator.


A mirror reflects another mirror.  As we reflect Him, others will follow. 


A mirror not used for its intended purpose.  I have to ask myself, "Am I being used for God's intended purpose?"


This is my favorite mirror-beveled, old and chippy!  Character is often found in the aged.  We would do well to reflect their image.



In some cultures, a mirror is called a looking glass.  I think it's because we truly see ourselves as we really are.  Yikes.  I am 10 pounds heavier in a mirror than I perceive myself to me!  I'm glad the King is enthralled with my beauty!  I am made in His image, fearfully and wonderfully made.  God, help me everyday to reflect the image you created me to be.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. One of my clearest memories from my Kay Arthur bible study days was the definition that I learned of GLORIFY God - "to be an accurate reflection of"

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.