Thursday, October 18, 2012

What label do you wear?

What is a Label?
 
It's a tag attached to piece of clothing
with information about the product.
 
Fabric content...
what it's made of.
 
Instructions..
for washing and wearing.
 
Manufacturer..
Who or what company it's made by.
 

Above is a sweet label made by my friend
Rebecca at
A Gathering Place.
 
Other labels?

It's a tag attached to a gift
To: You
From: Me

It's a name others give you

Preacher Lindsey's daughter
Bruce's and Beverli's sister
Chad and Christy's mom
David's wife

The label you are given depends on several questions asked,
 
Who's your family?
 
What church do you attend?
 
Where do your work?
 
The kind of car you drive, the amount of money in your bank account, 
the career title that you hold or lack thereof all constitute the labels you and I wear.
 
When applying for a job we are asked,
Race and Gender-
questions legally we don't have to answer
HOWEVER LABELS ARE ATTACHED.

Some labels are attached with strings.

Some labels are sticky!

What label do you wear or better yet,
what label has someone attached to you that you are unable to peel off.

What I've found is this,
labels stick.

I went to a new doctor last week.
New medical history as always,
"I'm bipolar."

For the first time ever,
"No you are not.
You have a diagnosis of bipolar depression.
Bipolar does not define who you are."

WoW!  Thanks, doc.
That's the first time I've ever heard that one.
Changed my feelings ABOUT MYSELF in one sentence.

So to conclude my thinking.

My Fabric Content

What am I made of?
I like to think I'm sugar and spice and everything nice;)
but that's not always the case:(
Psalm 139 says that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
A bunch of DNA and stuff I don't understand,
but so thankful that God knows me and loves me anyway.


My Instructions

Found in the Word.
It is my LIFE, my guide, my direction.
In it, I find hope, peace and renewed faith.

My Manufacturer

I am a Child of the King
the Living God
the Prince of Peace!

He Loves Me-
no strings attached.


What label do you wear?








 
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Wow!! What a great question. I love what you said that your new dr. told you. You are not defined by that title of bipolar. He is a wise man.

    My label reads... Child of the King, Princess, Wife, Mother, Daughter, Sister, Friend... Handle with love and care

    God bless you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking! I'll have to think on this one. . . I'm following you now, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.