Saturday, June 14, 2014

A Labor of Love

I know this sweet little place
in this sweet little town
just oozing with cuteness.

It is the home of some of our best friends
who are our directors of youth.


You are welcome here anytime, 
day or night, and you will feel right at home.


The home was built with old lumber
by the man of the house and his father in law
before the daughter became his bride.
It was definitely a labor of love. 


The chimney stood alone on an old piece of land
and was taken down and rebuilt brick by brick.
Each small detail has some significance.  
The cross was made by an uncle. 

.
A closer look at the front porch, 
and you'll see the beauty in the old wood.


You will be welcome to rock for hours


or chat with friends in the Adirondack chairs
as long as you'd like.


I prefer the swing.


You may want to grab a seat on the deck, 


or enjoy the best seat in the house, 
the old glider.


The brick path is open-ended
and everyone is welcome. 

Yes, the place is oozing with hospitality, 
and the porch light is always on.

I left an hour and a-half ago
and they were still going strong.
The kids are home for the summer 
so the place will be open as long as they want to stay.

I will share fun, food, and the tour of their home 
in my next posts. 

Bonnie:)

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE that place! It is full of charm and cuteness, and it appears the owners are sweet as can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, i want to live there, so sweet and cozy. Love the splash of red, those rockers stole my heart, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I want to live there..what a lovely place. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the sweetest home ever; I wanna go!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now THAT is my dream home! Really, it is. But only if the inside is finished with A/C and has internet access. You can see what my priorities are. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just precious! Thank you for sharing it with us so we too may enjoy the beauty of it. I look forward to seeing more pictures.
    Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Bonnie. So much charm oozing from everywhere. Ahhhh to rock the day away or swing on the porch swing. So awesome. Thanks for sharing this heavenly place.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Love the charm of the old glider (would love one of those!), the red rockers, the porch swing... that place surely says Come, sit a while =)
    Bless you this wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.