Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ya"ll Come Back Now

The sweet little home 
in the country
hosted a cook out for the 
college and career youth.


We drank Southern sweet tea and pink lemonade
out of jars and  


ate wild plums with our hands. 


Everything had a vintage feel to it.


Of course, I was right at home. 


Hydrangeas in blue Ball jars is always a go!


Gotta have lots of red and a little white and blue.
Wire baskets are pretty practicals.


The guys cooked and talked hunting and fishing,


or texted and talked.


See the yellow chair that goes with the glider?
I want, I want, I want.
I think I envy, envy, envy.


Some of the girls talked softball, 




and everyone got a shot at cornhole.


"Now, where do you say the bag was supposed to go???"

We played wiffle ball???
Yes, I got a few hits, but I can't do the run-thing anymore.
(It's a woman-after-fifty thang)
I pitched.  I am sore tooooooooooooday!

No more playing, when it came time to eat. 


Some sat in the other rooms and some enjoyed their meal outside.

The menu:

Grilled Chicken
Creole Shrimp (Big Ones!)
Mac and Cheese
Green Beans
Pasta Salad
Fresh Pineapple
Cake and Brownies

YUMMY!

Take your shoes off.
Ya'll Come Back Now,
Ya Here,

Bonnie:)





15 comments:

  1. Wow! What a a great time of fellowship.. I have a little envy going on too.. I love the simple life...It makes getting together so enjoyable. Nothing like a Southern get together..siimple, lots of great food, wonderful fellowship...just perfect.. Havae a great Sunday! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you didn't call me?! *giggle* Gosh, that looks good. It's almost like our low country boils ... only more shrimp or crawdaddies and sausages. Now I'm hungry again!
    Happy Father's Day to your hubby and all the daddy's on your end. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Patty's comment. Southern gatherings are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful yummy day. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to spend some sweet fellowship time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bonnie! This looks like a fun time and love the vintage feel to everything. Now I have to say I giggled when I read your 'over 50" comment - I understand completely! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;O

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and Sounds like an absolutely perfect picnic!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad to find your blog. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wild plums? Oh my, those sound amazing! It looks like you had a wonderful time:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a good old-fashioned way to spend the day. Sounds like so much fun and the food...oh, the food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like a perfect time! Glad you were able to join in, even if it's making you sore today.
    You want to hear something frustrating? When we bought our first house (30 some years ago) they left 2 of those chairs there. We thought they were ugly and out dated and got rid of them. I could kick myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great time with delicious food. I remember the glider and chairs, too. My grandma had a sister named "Ida" but of course, grandma pronounced it "Ider." As kids we would sing, "Ider's on the glider!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a wonderful day! I bet playing corn hole is fun. Reminds me of a game I use to play as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds and looks awesome! Thought of you on Saturday while I shopped at a flea market. I kept thinking, "what would Bonnie think of ...this or that?" LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.