Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Project for the Gray and Red Room

I bought a stool from the thrift store
for $5.99.

I thought,
"If everybody else can do it, so can I."

This is how it turned out.


I was tickled pink.


The gray was a little darker than I had anticipated,
but I don't like everything matchy-matchy anyway.


I still don't have the desired look that 
I hope to have when I'm finished.

I will drop the photo board down
or replace it with a mirror.
  
I'm thinking mirror right now.  


This was the cushion before.  
I pulled the tacks and removed the fabric
and batting.


I found another layer of fabric and batting.

It was gross!

I pulled it all off,
cut a piece of foam the size of the stool,
cut the fabric, pulled it tight around the wood, and stapled.
Then I screwed the cushion into the wooden bottom.

Voila!


Honest opinion.

Do I keep the photo board or put a mirror over the vanity?

Thanks for your input!

Bonnie:)

Sitting with my little lady tomorrow.
That's why I'm posting tonight.
See ya Saturday!

14 comments:

  1. Stool looks beautiful with your wonderful efforts. Good color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stool; great job on the fabric. I love the photo board. Saw one yesterday at the antique store and she had added a few "air" plants; they don't require dirt and were just popped between the wire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fine job on the bench. I love your colors. I do not like matching everything either.Blessings for a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stool! Great job! I really lie your photo board and would keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on that stool! I am a fan of mirrors...what about finding an old window frame with multiple panes and back it with a mirror? Adding a little lamp to help reflect the light would be cute too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it..I like the photo board, however..we were watching something last night..they took a window and in the glass panes, they painted Bible verses. I just love that idea..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it..I like the photo board, however..we were watching something last night..they took a window and in the glass panes, they painted Bible verses. I just love that idea..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, now that's nice! You did a fantastic job. Good show. I recovered our old dining room chairs awhile back to change the color. Saved us boo-coo bucks and it looks nice. I love doing that too. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Bonnie, isn't that bench the cutest. I like the color contrast of the color. You did an excellent job.
    The photo board looks great but a mirror would be wonderful too. I am sure you will make a perfect pick.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the bench! I think either way you go with the mirror or the frame it is lovely :-)
    Happy Friday...
    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, Bonnie! Your project looks great. I really like the different shades of gray with the red. I think I would go with a mirror, but your picture board looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out so cute! I'm thinking a mirror might be nice. But, then again, I have a thing for mirrors anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job with the stool.
    A mirror might be a better idea unless you want to put more pictures in the collage.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.