Wednesday, February 26, 2014

BUT GOD

I'm trying to thaw out.

I don't mean from the cold of ICE, 
but from the cold of LIFE. 

Last night in our Bible study, 
I asked the girls to repeat:

"These worries I carry are legitimate concerns, 
BUT GOD is faithful and good."

"This situation I'm facing is awful and scary, 
BUT GOD is with me and HE promises 
He'll never leave me or forsake me."

BUT GOD...

Those two BIG words are powerful.

God's Word tells us to think on the things that are,
true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy.

Tonight I choose to think of the things that are lovely (TO ME!)
My list of loves...


Music and Harmony
(my girl there in the middle)




Baseball
(that's my boy there!)


A hard-working man
who loves me and wants me to stay.


Candy Kisses
from this little man


Roasting Marshmallows on a Fall night


Sunrise on the Beach


Dusk on the Beach



Freedom


A Flea Market




A toothless grin
from someone who loves me


Memories of the Home place


A Good Belly Laugh


My Pink Room


A Precious Sleeping Baby
(especially this one!)


A Mother in Law
who loves me like one of her own.
(on the right)
Isn't she pretty?


Memories


Memories of Daddy reading the Christmas story


Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails
(two of my great nephews)



Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice


(two of my great nieces)


My Favorite Time of Year


My Children and Their Life Partners
For These I Prayed


A Mountain Getaway

There's not enough time and space to record all my blessings.

Right now this emotional tunnel that I am in  is dark,
BUT GOD IS THE LIGHT IN MY DARKNESS.

What is your "right now?"

Fill in the blank...

Right now this (blank) is (blank)
BUT GOD is (blank).

BUT GOD IS STRONGER,

Bonnie:)



16 comments:

  1. SO many wonderful thoughts in this post:) Love of family and friends is extra special to me too! God is holding us when we can't hold ourselves up! I will be praying for what is troubling you:) Have a blessed day dear friend! BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now this weight on my back is heavy.
    BUT GOD is STRONGER
    If only I could stop carrying it and give it all to HIM.
    Thankful HE can and does.
    Over and over again.
    Woolie Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful post! You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, just know..You can always email me..I will be here..I am so sorry for whatever your going through..I also think we all go through dark places/things..I will be keeping you in prayer..and I have since forgotton what your question was, sorry..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful post and a such a wonderful reminder of how precious those gifts are that God gives us.

    Today my heart is burdened for my son who struggles with alcohol...
    ...BUT GOD! He is stronger than ANY addiction!

    Blessings,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many beautiful blessings in your life. May God richly bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But God....what truth you express! I pray you will find Him to be ALL in each situation you face. He is faithful.

    I don't have a pink room...but yours is lovely. Looks so peaceful!

    Bless you today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I have to tell you I loved your pictures! So many blessings!
    Second - the thoughts you shared brought me to tears. "But God"... What an amazing God we have. In my case it's - but God will see us through.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonnie-What a special post and a great glimpse into your life! Dear Jesus, You know the struggles that Bonnie is going through. Please bring her comfort and peace and an extra dose of your presence. May she be given lots of indications today of your love for her. In the name of your son and our Savior, Jesus. Amen
    Big hugs from me today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are all great loves. Prayers for you to have a happy day. God always holds us in the palm of His hand. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful post, again. You are so good to remember those blessings! And thank you for reminding your readers to pause and reflect on their own. God is good; all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie, You know your blessings. I have many also. I will say there have been times when I think I have none...but truly all we have to do is look around. God is good. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pictures of your family are wonderful and I pray that they pull you from your darkness. Right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with all that is going on-but I know that God will see me through- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Friend, Keep your mind on His love, speak slow and choose your words wisely. Take a deep breath!
    Read more scriptures! Take a lunch outing with a close friend! Sing praises and resist the devil! He must flee! I am praying for you!
    Email me anytime...
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your post was filled with precious thoughts, dear Bonnie. Please know that you are in my prayers, sweet friend! God is good, God is great! Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.