Thursday, February 20, 2014

Home is...

Last night I played around with 
burlap ribbon.


My first attempt at making a banner,
Ugh!!!

Certainly not booth-worthy,
but works for me.


The cat wanted to play with the string.
I was afraid of hot gluing her paws,
instead, I hot glued mine.
OUCH!

I so want to be near my children.
I pray for it, I hope for it, I desire it.
It may not happen, but I'm not afraid
to go boldly to the throne to ask for it!

Mr. H says, "You won't be happy in Nashville."
Who's he trying to convince???

Because home is where those I love are.

I've always heard,
Home is where the Heart Is

I believe that!
Part of my home is here,
but part is in Nashville.
Can a heart reside in two places?

Home is the person or place 
you want to return to
over and over again.

Our home is small.
It was here that we raised our children,
here in this 1000 sq ft home.

We loved, laughed, cried, got angry.
There was no pretense in our home.
We were real-
sometimes words were spoken harshly
with honest, raw emotions.
But we were quick to say,
"I love you. I'm sorry."


Having somewhere to go is HOME.
Having someone to love is family.
Having both is a blessing.

We are blessed.

Home is not where you live, but
where they understand you.

If this is true, and it is,
then some children don't have a home.

This makes me sad:(

I thought I made this up,
Friends come and friends go,
but family is forever.
I found out I didn't.

Do you dream about your home?
In my dream,
home is always the home of my childhood.

Home is where love resides,
Memories are made,
Friends are always welcome, 
and
Family is forever.

Thankful for my memories.

Home is anywhere
Callie can find a place to plop.


Finish the sentence,
Home is...

May You Find Your Way Home,

Bonnie:)







9 comments:

  1. Every dream I had about my wedding always took place in the home I grew up in. To this day I still dream about it. It was the only house I lived in for the first 24 years of my life. The Miranda Lambert song "The House That Built Me" could have literally been about my childhood home. I hope your heart gets to be where it is happy!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, wish you happiness, wherever that might be.

    It is nice to finally see a picture of Callie. She is gorgeous and looks quite regal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were beautiful and meaningful words about "home".

    I lived the first 18 years of my life in the same home. Went away to college..and never lived at home again, Got married, entered the ministry, and lived in several different homes for 5 or 6 years at a time and then we got the Church in Hughson, CA and stayed there 27 years...So two homes have long term memories and we had a child in all the short term homes. So each of them have a special memory. Now, our little retirement cottage has it's own set of memories.
    We retired and moved to Southern CA..cause this momma wanted to be close to my kids and grandkids.

    Sending you smiles and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is where my people are! Like you, my heart is split. Most everyone is near me but my son lives near Nashville and I miss him so.
    I enjoyed your home thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Home is still Connecticut, where I grew up. I've lived in New York for almost forty years, but home is Hartford, and my cousins who live in the area still ask me when I'm coming home. Maybe one day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think home can be where you are ... it doesn't have to be a real building. but where you keep your heart. you take it with you on your back, in your heart ... where the road leads you. with God by your side. i have only moved once in my lifetime so far ... so i don't really feel at home in my old family (where i grew up, i kind of feel like an outsider looking in?!) or where i live now with my hubby (because this was his home 1st). i feel at home in my heart. i hope that makes sense. ( :

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love and Family:) My Hubby is from Nashville and his Sister still lives there! I love that city:) Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and insightful post. Gosh, home is wherever I am with my children and husband. We could be camping in our tent, and that is home to me. Honestly. Have a wonderful weekend and blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is difficult to know where to reside. Fortunately both our girls live close by. I don't know what we would do if they didn't. My mom wanted to move closer to us - - but we moved with my husband's work three times and she wanted to make sure we were someplace permanently before making such a decision. Also, she LOVED where she lived and really didn't want to leave the familiar - - - but missed us all terribly, too - - - same emotions you have.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.