Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Promise of Spring After a Long Season of Winter -Finale "A Log, a Pole, and a Stump."



A log or a pole?  Either way, it serves as a divider of the property line of my parent's lot. 

Love the natural patina, white and chippy.  I think I'm gonna make candle holders out of it.  I'll share the finished project when we're done.

This is the pole that holds the basketball goal.  My parents put this up for the grandchildren.  My children played played basketball everyday after school at Nanny and Granddaddy's.  I love the character of the old!

Quite a few stumps in the yard now.  The kids loved to sit on this one and watch Nanny grill hamburgers.  Sweet memories.

Thanks for indulging me!  My memorie are sweeter and not as bitter and painful once expressed. 
Hold those you love dear and treasure every moment.  It passes too swiftly.
However, after the winter comes the spring. 
Looking forward to some sunshine.  Will share my sunshine with you:)

5 comments:

  1. It's great to have such wonderful memories! No one can take those from you.
    Thanks for stopping by and your lovely comments.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is better to write these memories all out. Has the house sold-tell me Thursday when I will be bringing you a bunch of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, so glad you stopped by my blog...nice to meet you. Memories are a wonderful gift...I have lost both of my parents, and I cherish my pictures and memories. Somedays they make me sad and lonely, but mostly give me strength to live my life in a way pleasing to them and the love of God they instilled in me.

    Take care, and I'll be visting often,
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. memories are certainly a gift from God...they are all yours!!!! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Susie for your sweet comments. Yes, the memories are precious to me. Just once in a while a good cry is all I need. God's sustaining grace has been my salvation.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.