Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Promise of Spring After a Season of Winter Part 3

Today brings promise....

 Joy comes in the morning...

The darkest hour is just before dawn...

Waiting on my Spring.

This photo was taken just before dusk and the sun is setting.  I like to think that the sun is rising.  The consistency of creation is one thing that gives me hope and promise of tomorrow.

Once this frame held a swing that I often sat in to observe the beauty of God's creation and here I found peace in the midst of chaos.  My mama would always pick up my children from school and they would feed the ducks or swing from the beam and often watch Daddy fish. 

A place for storing junk-old cane fishing poles, old boat paddles, old fishing tackle, old books, old sermons, old gardening tools, old Christmas decorations-a favorite place for me to plunder.  I call them "Treasures."


A closer view of the crusty, rusty, chipped and cracked things that I love.
A board was attached on the bottom of the screened in back porch. It had a latch and a hook.  I don't know why.  Maybe to let the water run out if it rained in???  Anyone know?

I just love the natural patina and the rust on the hardware, don't you?

Yes, I do love the aluminum scrolled screen door.  They just don't make 'em like that anymore.  Mama, too, knew how to hold on to the things that would last:)

To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.