Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Daddy's Legacy

The project in this post is not new.

Since I have made new followers and friends, 
I thought I'd share one that I treasure. 


I call it, "Daddy's Legacy."

Daddy kept many of his sermons in hopes
that one of his grandchildren would be 
a preacher-boy.
(Didn't happen!)
Although, he may have a great-grand who will!

There were notebooks and notebooks
and pages after pages of 
sermons that absolutely no one 
who decipher.  

So the idea came to me to find a way to preserve them.
I took a canvas and brushed on mod podge
and sermon notes.
I chose sermons from each decade of his service,
from 1950-1997.

I found the cross on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

I chose this one because it was broken.
It represents what the cross symbolizes, 
the broken body of Jesus.

As Jesus was broken and spilled out, 
so was my daddy's life.
He lived and loved and exemplified a life of service. 
That is truly a legacy.

Thank you Daddy for Leaving a Legacy, 
An Inheritance More than Money
Bonnie:)

13 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful project, Bonnie. So very special that you have found a way to preserve and enjoy your father's legacy and to share with others. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Legacy indeed..A PRICELESS one. How wonderful that you have found a way to preserve his sermons. What a blessing to cherish!

    Have a wonderful Tuesday :)

    ~Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love This!!!!!!!!!!'
    It is beautiful!!!!!!!
    And what a wonderful idea!
    Love Love Love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, This a beautiful tribute to your father. I love it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, this is such a wonderful way to honor your father...what a perfect idea! You also found the perfect cross. Thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful Bonnie. What a treasure. My dearest has files and files of sermons.

    I need to be thinking about how I can share these with his children some day.

    How special to have the legacy of a dear father, and man of the Word.

    Sending love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful tribute to your Dad, Bonnie. Such a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project! I know the value of it is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea and way to preserve the past, Bonnie. Maybe someday this will pass to a great-grandchild that preaches! xoDiana

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's very sweet. I'm sure your father would be proud. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the cross you bought. It's nice to know the story that it reflects back to you too. Sounds like you had a wonderful father.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.