Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Crazy of My Days

Today I got the sweetest photo from my daughter-in-love. After a horrendous day yesterday, it made my today.
Yesterday was a continuation of the events of the past month. I am truly trying to make the best of the crazy of my days. Yesterday I went to sit with my little lady. We went to the gym. I drive her car. She does a Senior Sneakers exercise program on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I usually walk on the treadmill. I just haven't been feeling well this week so I told her that I would remain in the car and read. I hear this buzz three times. I think, "That's odd." So, I think, "Maybe I need to crank the car." NO THING happens. Turn ignition again, No thing! Dead Battery. Thankfully her SIL owns a shop and jumps it off and replaces the battery. She says over and over again, "I don't how that could have happened. It's never done that before." She has dementia. Some things she forgets, but this she does not! She continues to remind me that this has never happened with her before, getting angrier and angrier. Anything different throws her for a loop. I start to crank MY car to go home. NO THING! Mr. H works out of town. I think to myself, "What would my daddy do?" (It's the day of the 3 year anniversary of his death.) I start to cry. He would call Mr. Howard. Mr. Howard owns a parts shop. I call and he sends someone over. Of course, he's busy and it takes 30 minutes or so for him to find someone to come so I knock on my lady's door. "Can I stay with you while someone comes to bring a battery for my car?" "Of course, you can!" Sweet as pie, she laughs and laughs at the day we have had. I come home and cry. I feel awful and go to bed. Feeling more flu-like, I take my blood sugar and it is sky-high. It's not the flu, I know. Just stress! You know stress can pop it right up there! I so want to better control this malady. I am seeking a nutritionist and a new endocrinologist. Mine retired last year. Maybe I can get back on track. Diabetes led to my parents death. I refuse that curse! In Jesus Name. So today, I had my hair colored with highlights and trimmed and enjoyed some of my friends. Tonight Me and Mr. H went to Red Lobster and I got the broiled shrimp and veggies. So I did good. The face of my baby boy reading the book I made, made my day. Thanks for letting me share, Bonnie:)

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I have had days just like that. Last week , I cried in the tax office, cause I locked my keys in the car. I pray you have a better day today. Please, please take care of that diabetes. You can conquer it. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Friend
    Oh those days..
    Sometimes I just cry..
    Thankful God gives us our grannys and so many other things to be thankful for to lift us up from all the crud.
    Praying for you friend :)
    Woolie Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend,
    Hugs to you on the anniversary of your father's passing. I now am able to relate to the anguish personally. It is like I joined a club to which you also belong...one neither of us wants to be a part of.
    I love something you wrote...and I will say it myself when I need to...you asked yourself, " What would my daddy do?" And I love that! We can never stop asking our daddy's for help! Thank you my friend.
    And I hope today is better. Really better. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. {Bonnie} I don't know what to say that the other bloggers/commenters haven't already. Just know, I will be keeping you in prayer. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day... Glad you got that sweet picture to brighten your day.
    Praying for you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I believe God sends us sweet messages, like the photo of your precious grandson. Anniversary dates are so difficult. I certainly understand and will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, what a day! I worked with folks with memory loss in the Nursing Home and taught new staff how to best care for them. It's not easy, especially when personal life stress is so real in our, the caregiver's, life. You did good....and so thankful you had a good evening out and that picture....what a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear you had a bad day. what a sweet photo to brighten up your day & mood. that is so sweet. i do think that God thinks it is super ok to have a down day. just don't allow it to keep you down for long. we all need a day to get over & move on. my favorite saying lately is - "no worries - it's all good, keep on keepin' on." walk in faith & fear nothing. ( :

    have a happy weekend!! big big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bad days seem to want to drag us down to the ground. I'm glad yours turned around…and the photo is JUST darling!
    XO

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.