Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Today I Am...

I got my blog inspiration today from
Patty at Reasons for Chocolate.

Her post was uplifting
 with a promise and a rainbow.

1.  Today I am reading the newest
novel by Doretha Benton Frank,
Porch Lights.

Her novels are set in the Low Country
of South Carolina.
They are filled with romance, humor
and a little mystery.

2.  I am praying for my children.
I pray daily that God will build a
hedge of protection around them,
my sister's family,
and my brother's family.

My daughter Christy and her husband Troy
have decided that now is the time
to proceed with IVF. 

There seems to always
be some sort of delay for them, so
today I ask you to pray specifically
for perfect timing.


Thank you for your prayers already!

3.  Today I am listening to
Charles Billingsly LIVE album
from Thomas Road Baptist Church.

https://twitter.com/cbillingsley

Praise and Worship is my heartsong.

4.  Around the house I am doing no
cleaning or decluttering.

As usual, I'm just adding a little
of this and  little of that.



5.  I am thankful for so many things.

My son was appointed to run a new clinic
at St. Thomas Heart at Midtown
in Nashville, TN.
His work is to assist with diagnosis
and treatment of Atrial Fibrillation.


Chad has such a giving heart.
The wife of one of his patients who was upset
about her husband's diagnosis
said, "Thank you for being so kind."

Chad told her,
"You know how some people are called to
be preachers or missionaries?  I feel that
God called me to help sick people."

My daddy had the same diagnosis
and Chad was his granddaddy's heart.

He said that one day a man came in
who looked very much like his granddaddy,
had all the same medical conditions,
and who had lost his wife recently.
He said, "I started to cry and I had to turn away."

I said to him,
"Don't turn away."
As the saying goes,
"People don't care how much you know.
They want to know how much you care."

I adore my family.
They are my joy and my delight.

6.  The Thing I Fear the Most 
is that I will miss God's calling for my life.
In 1987, he called me to "teach women."
I am still waiting for open doors.


Share who you are!
I'd like to hear:)

Bonnie:)












17 comments:

  1. What a handsome son..as you know..my son had open heart surgery when he was 6 & recently diagosned with TachyCardio (whatever-fast heartbeat)--anyways..yes..it takes a special person to be a dr or nurse.

    Good luck to your daughter and sil. Will continue to keep them in prayer.

    Thank you for your honest, uplifting and sometimes funny posts & lovely pictures..they sure make my day. Blessings to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing who you are today. God's timing is always perfect. Never late. Always on His time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for Christy and Troy. I lived in Nashville for three years and am familiar with St. Thomas. I am sure your son will be doing so much good. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow, when I think of Low Country, I don't think of romance. I only think of mold, sweating and bugs. *lol* I love the western part of South Carolina where it's hilly. Beautiful riding roads too.

    Your son does look darling. That's great that he wants to pursue a medical career. I hope there will still be medical people after this Administration.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed it. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to you son. We will be praying for Christy. Sending love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for Christy and Troy.
    Love the picture of Chad. My Dad has been dealing with A-fib for a year now, so I really appreciate Chads work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family. Your son ~ what a blessing for him to be in that position to care for people and to fulfill his role for the Lord.

    Praying for Christy and Troy too.

    And my dear Bonnie...you blog "teaches women" every day. You are a teacher and a blessing. You are serving God...never fear that.

    Love and Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have a special heart gene that runs in my family. :) My daughter had open heart when she was 5 months old. My brother had open heart way back when they just began pediatric open heart. I had another daughter born with a small defect, but she will not require that special surgery, praise God! Prayers for all of your family! You are such a ray of sunshine to your readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will pray that God will bless this sweet couple with a little one:) Your Son is a blessing and I know he is much appreciated for his talents and his compassion! Enjoy your day dear friend, BIG HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post today. I will light a candle for Christy and Troy today. What a wonderful young man your son is. You have a beautiful family, you have. Glad to hear you're not cleaning or de-cluttering today. Nice to know I have company!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Bonnie, I believe Blogging for teaching women is an open door for you! The Lord is using YOU!
    You are showing us how to love our children, you show us how to take pleasure in the everyday things that God is doing! YOU are making a difference...
    Your children are a walking testimony of His faithfulness!
    Blessings Always, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Saying prayers for your daughter and SIL. I hope it goes perfectly for them. Congratulations on having such a wonderful caring son. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Bonnie, I shall pray the IVF will be successful right away for your sweet girl. I know she has had such a tough time. CC is still in South Korea-God is using her there so she extended her stay by a month. love ya, olive

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the NO cleaning or decluttering!!! It's nice to know your son is nearby in Nashville and it sounds like he is a good person to know if a person has to deal with heart issues.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bonnie! Oh, what a sweet post. I stand with you and pray the IVF will be a success. I know you're so proud of your son. That is a calling. You have a lovely family.
    Thank you so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a lovely post, Bonnie! You have a beautiful family. Isn't it wonderful when we see the ways that God is working in their lives? I will pray for your daughter and son-in-law. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.