Monday, March 31, 2014

Waiting...

Probably won't be checking in for a few days. 

Sitting on ready for a baby 
and waiting...

for the call.

Probably won't get there before the baby 
is born, our son says WAIT.
(Sighhhhh!)
I'm sitting on pins and needles.


May leave tomorrow without the hubby!
My daughter says I can come;)

It's strange how roles change 
when they are grown 
and who tells who what to do.

Kinda melancholy today.

Thinking of the home place.


Thinking that probably mama's amaryllises 
and azaleas are blooming.


Thinking that soon the grass will be green
around the pond. 

Sweet memories of Daddy fishing 
with the grand kids 
and Mama in the kitchen making 
hushpuppies, slaw and french fries to go with the catch
while she waits.

Knowing that  gloom will turn to joy at the sight of new life!

Waiting

Bonnie:)
.

16 comments:

  1. Waiting and praying with you my friend! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for a safe trip for you!! Wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited for you. Sending prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A new baby....such joy! Bless you while you wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but think of Carly Simon..."anticipation, anticipay-ya-tion, is making me wait... keeping me way-yay-yay-ating... I remember going through the same thing when by Nashville babies were on their way and we had an 8 hour drive. Luckily, we were blessed to be there for both births and this Mawmaw got to witness them both! Praying all goes well and the timing is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how exciting!! Can't wait to hear. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right - big excitement is right around the corner. Can't wait for news and pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I though of "Anticipation" also! Prayers for baby's safe delivery and for you a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your time away, Bonnie. Blessings to you and that new baby coming! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! I would go too. Please let us know how it all goes. Prayers for everyone to stay safe and secure. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying all is well! Yeah for a new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bonnie! Thanks for your sweet comment. This darn technology, I have tried to follow people thru that google reader and it denies me each time, I like the old blogger because you could add your blog and it was done@ Easy! I will be praying for safe travels for you and lots of wonderful news. Sending a prayer and big hugs too. Anne

    http://phamilyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you do make it for the baby's birth. Nothing like a new little one to bring so much joy to a family. I'm so happy for you on your new arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well that is surely a fun wait;). Can't wait to hear all about your newest Angel. Have a blessed Spring day, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. A new baby in springtime with all the other new life around. Precious! Yes, you are right that we have to do what they tell us concerning the grands - - - if we want to get to take part in their lives!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How exciting! Hope you get the good news SOON! xo

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.