Friday, May 2, 2014

Dixie


Just a sign made from old reclaimed wood 
that I found on one of our trips to Hilton Head.

No, it didn't come home with me.
Do you know what they want for these signs???

Proud to say, 
I live in Dixie. 

Dixie

by Daniel Decatur Emmett of Mount Vernon, Ohio
Oh, I wish I was in the land of cotton,
Old times there are not forgotten, (Alt Original: Cinnamon seed and sandy bottom,)
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

In Dixie Land, where I was born in,
early on one frosty mornin',
Look away, look away, look away Dixie Land.

I wish I was in Dixie, Hooray! Hooray!
In Dixie Land I'll take my stand
to live and die in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie.
Away, away, away down south in Dixie

10 comments:

  1. There are only two types of people, you know. Those who where born in the South and those who wished they where. ~;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sign. It's wonderful, but I know how pricey those signs can be. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C.U.T.E. And I love that song , too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sign and the song too. I remember practicing that one on the piano when I was young.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bonnie, That sign is so nice, you're talented, so why not try to make one for yourself! That song just makes me want to tap my toes!
    Look away Look away, Dixie land...
    Happy May dear friend!
    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonnie, you could like make one like Roxy suggested but change it up a bit...it could say "DIXIE BED & BREAKFAST"...YOU Make Both...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always loved that song! Does Southeastern Missouri count as the south? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You probably could make a sign just like for yourself. I do love old signs, but you are right, they are costly. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a good southern gal from head to toe.... Love 'Dixie' --along with lots of good ole fattening southern foods....

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.