Monday, August 27, 2012

Trying to Create with Not a Creative Bone in My Body!

Yes, I'm out of my comfort zone!
 
I don't have a creative bone in my body.
 
All my ideas come from someone else and somehow I mess those up.
 
Okay,  I like the buttons, but what on earth was I thinking-
BLUE!
Please, no covering up that blue now.
Maybe I could paint a little in between.
Ugh!
 
I must have Blue on the mind!
I had already painted all these letters when I realized tht I
had a word.
So I tried to distress it and it is a bit distressing!
 
My niece always tells me the truth,
"So, honestly, Sarah, what do you think." (As if she would be anything but honest!)
"Well, I like it, but it's a little too blue."
You think?
UGH!
 
"Suggestions, please mam?"
She goes, "Well you could paint it a little brown and make it look old."
I thought that was the idea to begin with.
 
I was most proud of my wreath.
"What do you think, Sarah?"
"Ummmmm, it's okay if you like it.  It's just too much like winter."
"Winter???? You mean, Fall????"
"Yeah."
That was the idea!
 
Another coat or two of paint, some distressing
and the table should be ready to go!
 
I also painted the top of the green table, white.
I think I'm gonna leave the legs green.
 
Sell it cheap and it can be someone else's DIY project.
 
What am I doing???
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Bonnie, you are more creative than you think you are. If you're having fun, keep doing it whether you like the finished product or not. Practice makes perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are having fun that's all that matters, Bonnie! Create for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kathy. Are you having fun? No one is creative all the time especially in this dreadful heat and transitional season of the year. Not summer, not fall, not winter. Hard to get in the groove. Most of all enjoy your niece.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.