Thursday, July 26, 2012

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

What goes around comes around!

In the 70's  mama was learning to paint with oils.  She was very talented.  I'm not.

She could picture what it should look like in her mind-I can't.

She would stay up late into the night until it was what she wanted-I don't. (I blog into the wee hours of the morning instead)


This was her easel.  She gave it to me a few years ago just because I liked the look of old painted wood.
I never dreamed I would ever use it.
I love knowing that the paint is from left over paintings that her hands touched.

Love all the specks of paint and dried brush strokes.

The easel, now 30+ years later, is used to hold my canvas.

Acrylics instead of oils.

Foam brushes instead of straight edges

Amateur

simple enough for a child to do

I even do a little finger painting:)



Mama's-
In the eyes of a professional this is amateur. 
In the eyes of this amateur, this is professional.

As the saying goes, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."



2 comments:

  1. I think you both have a lot of talent. How wonderful you have your mother's easel. I actually have an easel much like that and about the same age. Have a wonderful time painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad your mother gave you her easel. That is a wonderful gesture and a very sentimental one too. Now every time you paint you will imagine her presence.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.