Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Distressed over Distressing

Distressing this desk has caused me sooo much distress.
I have been working on this thing for 2 months now.
I bought it at auction for $15. Steal, right?
Think again!
It was spray painted with enamel paint. So, I bought KILZ enamel to prime. Good choice, right? WRONG!
I have painted this things 3 times-primed twice. It has clumped, bubbled, and peeled!
Okay, so I've had enough! Got the sander out! I'm gonna conquer this thing yet, right?
I thought, okay. I'll distress it and everyone will think this was the original plan.
WRONG!
Honey, every layer on this thing started peeling.

So here you go...

It's going to the shop tomorrow. Sale AS IS for $15 or it goes to the Salvation Army! FREE!

I need a tutorial on painting furniture!

Anyone care to comment on what I did wrong???

3 comments:

  1. clueless bonnie boo-i mostly detest all that furniture painting you know....so tired from the kiddos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on almost everything and have no problems with it. It's a little pricey but is worth every penny. It sticks like super glue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From where I'm looking...I love it! I love the color and I love how it looks. You're being too hard on yourself..I think it would be really cute with some of those whimsy knobs from Hobby Lobby..all different, or even crystal..maybe put some floral wallpaper on top and put on a glass to top it. I would so buy it..as is!

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.