Friday, July 13, 2012

My Dream Vacation

One of my favorite coffee table books is Coastal Living: Beach House Style published by Oxmoor House.

I sit and dream of ocean air, early morning quiet time on the beach, the sun rising to meet me...
My beach home will have
porches of old planked, patina wood, white rockers, and galvanized buckets of seashells collected from my morning walk...
The kids will have their own room, upstairs with hooks for hanging their swimsuits and towels...
Coastal Living says it like this, "Kids' rooms reflect the fun and excitement of carefree vacations on the water.  Space-saving inventive built-ins create storage for beach gear, towels, and bathing suits." 
I love the idea of old wire lockers!
Fancy is fine.  I mean, we all imagine luxurious once in a while.

But just give me a small cottage at the edge of the water where I can open the windows and hear and feel the rush of the waves and have all my family under one roof...

That's my dream vacation.

It's now 1am and I am wide awake in anticipation of my dream... 


 

3 comments:

  1. I love "Coastal Living" is wonderful. It takes me to one of my favorite places...the beach. Enjoy your weekend. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect vacation spot for me too. I love the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a great dream. I remember our Summer vacations when I was a child on the Oregon coast. We would always stay at the same little seaside cabin. Thanks for bring back a memory.

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.