Thursday, July 12, 2012

Finding Joy in the Simple

I haven't yet learned all the blogging etiquette.  Since I've been doing this for less than a year, I am claiming ignorance.  As they (whomever "they" is), "ignorance is bliss."


Yes, I am posting more than one time today and I am posting items that have already been photograped.  Is this legal?  If not, I'm blissfully ignorant.

I find joy in the simple, a hand-crocheted doilie, a good book, learning something new, a new treasure, a treasure from the past... 

...combined together for a new look in an old space.

I crashed a painting class Monday night-my new hobby.

One of my favorite coffee table books and a blue doilie added just the right pop of color!  It's a fun book-good reading and pretty!

The dainty pitcher, a treasure from the past, was my mama's...  


...a reminder of how much joy she found in the simple things. 

Somedays, like today, I miss her so much!




4 comments:

  1. Love the enamelware vases with flowers and that first image has great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you don't have your mama. I am thankful you have such sweet memories of her.

    Bless you today, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I continually try to figure out all the "blogging rules". I love there are so many different styles and subjects out there. So good to hear you are enjoying your art class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you are breaking any blogging "rules"! Post what you are inspired to post I say!! Thank you for your visit to my blog and the sweet comment that you left. I hope you are having fun looking at all the great studios in the party. Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love the friendships I have developed through blogging. Visit and comment and I'll be sure to drop by and talk to you.